• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

teveo vs Halifax - SETTLED IN FULL

TEVEO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Just To Let People Know How Im Getting On With My Claim,

I Sent The First Letter Asking For A Statement Of All Charges To My Account Over The Last Six Years And Got Them With Out Being Charged For Them. I Went Through These And Saw That I Had Been Charged A Total Of £4,000 Over The Last Six Years (upto To March This Year).

So I Sent The I Sent The Preliminary Approach For Repayment Letter And Got A Standard I Sorry Letter Then Got Another Letter Saying They Tried To Call Me To Talk About This Matter And It Then Went On To Say About Why They Charge Ect Ect, At The Bottom Was A Goodwill Gesture Of £513.00 In Full And Final Settlement Of My Complaint.

So Now Im About To Send The Letter Before Action Again Asking For My £4,000.

The Only Thing Im Abit Unsure Of Is Understandably I Will Not Be Accepting The Offer Do I Tell Them This Or Will They Get The Point From My Next Letter?

They will certainly get the point from your LBA.

No need to say you are not accepting it seperately, their offer, for less than you asked for, is a 'final' one, so you can proceed to that next stage as soon as you wish.

gOod LuCk..!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi,

I Dont Know Why But I Have Just Gone Over All The Charges Again And Seen That Some Times It As Repeated Its Self. I Have Listed All These Charges Which First Time Round Came To £4,000 But Having Taken The Re-peating Ones Of It Comes To £2,500 I Am Already Half Way Through This Claim Having Just Sent The Lba Letter Out Claiming £4,000 What The Hell Do I Do

I Have Read In Other Threads And Am Kind Of Getting That They Check The Amount Charged If This Is The Case Why Are They Not Coming Back To Me Saying No We Have Only Taken £2,500 Since You Opened Your Account? Or Im I Getting Things Mixed Up And Panicking Over Nothing.

P.s They Offered Me £513.00 Saying This Was For Charges Over The Last Six Months But I Again Dont Get That I Get £446.00 AND WHY ARE THEY REPEATING. THEY HAVE THE SAME REF NUMBER AND SAME TRANSACTION DATE BUT DIFFERENT CHARGE NUMBER

ANY ADVISE PLEASE

morning guys

well having just gone on royal mail website i have tracked my lba letter and its arrived im now panicking ( see last post as to why)

any advice would be great.

If you are concerned about this, then the best thing I can suggest is to resend your LBA with the correct amount, and maybe include a note stating that this request replaces the one sent on XX/XX/XXXX - that way they can't pretend to be confused!

Maybe, just maybe - they will not tell you that your sums are wrong in case you issue the wrong amount in a court claim and they might see that as an option to make some sort of defence - I'm really not knowledgable enough about proceedures to know if that is possible or likely.

So play safe, take just a little longer to recheck again, then resend an LBA with the right figures quoted.

John

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

thanks for replying jonni

just going over them again and trying to come up with all the answer's and will then hopefully come up with if i need to send a new one or stick with old, will keep you up to date anyway

thank again

well having gone over them all god knows how many times im sure we have put wrong amount (thanks to them repeating themselves) so new lba letter going out first thing monday morning for just over £2600. shall keep you updated

Well I Have Spoken To Halifax Yesterday And Told Them That Amount Was Wrong And That A New Letter Was On Its Way With The Correct Amount Owed All I Got Was Thank You And A Note Made Of This On My Account. However This Morning I Had A Letter From Them Offering Me £1057.00 Instead Of £513.00 As Previously Offered.this Must Be Based On The £4000 As I Know They Would Not Have Had The New Lba Letter Untill This Morning. Well My Answer To That Offer Is The Same As First One No.

So Now I Wait Until Tuesday And If I Dont Get The Whole Amount By Then Its Off To The Courts

Nice one.

Keeping track of your case here...

Hi Quick Question I Sent The First Lba Letter On The 17 April Given Them 14 Days To Refund Taking Deadline To 2nd May But Then Saw Wrong Amount So Sent New Lba Letter On Tuesday Should I Of Given Them Another 14 Days From Tuesday Which Was 25th Or Should I Of Stuck To My First Deadline.

Sorry To Be A Pain Just Want To Play Safe Incase It Goes To Court

I would say play safe and start the 14 day again - then there can be no come back later...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys Well It Has Been 14 Days Tomorrow That I Sent The New Lba Letter And I Have Heard Nothing This Time From Halifax So Unless They Pay Up Tomorrow ( Cant See That But Hey I Can Hope) I Shall Be Filing My Claim On Wednesday Morning.

Getting A Little Nervous Now But Wont Let Them Know That Anyway Will Keep You Update.

Dont be nervous just stick to your guns it will all be good in the long run.

Its your money!

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Statements Received 24 Mar
  • Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

£2810 inc int. Halifax. Done and Dusted 16/05/06

Dont forget to donate

hi guys just a quick update, well they didnt pay up so i shall be filing my claim this week. done the spreadsheet which was easy once i got days since offence sorted. will update you once i have filed and thanks to all because without this site and the comments i would never of done this.

well what a dam mess my claim is turning out to be. As you will know from my last post i was about to file claim with court and thank god i have not done so as it seems my second lba letter sent on the 25th april never arrived dispite sending recorded delivery. I have phoned royal mail who have confirmed this and say they dont know where it has gone and i will get a book of stamps as compensation what a bloody cheek. So now i assume i must now resend the lba letter giving the dam halifax another 14 days?

well i have just spoken to some guy from halifax named jules hurl ( anyone heard of this one?) he has just said they have had the lba letter dated the 25th april and even read it to me (so why cant royal mail find it then) he said no-one has looked at my letter yet and would get someone to do so but and it is a big one i have just sent a e-mail to them with a copy of the lba letter does this mean i am now going to have to stand by that e-mail and give them another 14 days? any advice would help here as im really in a pickle

dam royal mail got alot to answer for.

I know they are useless.

I think if they have had the lba since the 25th and no one has dealt with it yet then hard cheese for them!

I would start your claim - they are probably saying that they haven't dealt with it yet to try and buy some time but you must stick to your timetable!

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

• 2 weeks later...

hi just to let you know i have now put my claim in via moneyclaim will see how it goes.

claim number is 6QZ33175 for those you may need it

the post below was earlier on in the day not 15.55

hi update i am at this minute trying to do the claim through the moneyclaim site but im stuck when it comes to put in words why i am taking them to court. i know some of you have posted what to say before but i cant find any of your threads so can someone please give me a rough guide because getting it under the amount of words they give is proving hard. your advice would be helpful.

Hi - take a look in the TEMPLATES LIBRARY - there is a 'hard copy' version in there. Use 'copy and paste'...

hi and thanks jonni but if you read the post i put before my last one you will see i did manage to find it and have filed the claim i have also put the claim number on there in case you wanted it.

i dont know how or why my last post is coming up before that one?

Ahhh - the clock went 'wappy' yesterday I think.

Thanks

hi just to update you all, we had letter today from northampton courts ( which we thought was quick as we didnt file til late on tuesday)saying it will be deemed as served on the 29th and they have till 12 of june to reply. lets hope they just give up and pay but cant see that but we can hope anyway will keep you updated as and when.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I Know I Put This On Here On Friday But For Some Reason It Not Showing But I Won They Paid Up In Full On Friday Then Had There Normal Letter On Saturday Saying Would Cost To Much To Defend Blah Blah.

We Would Just Like To Say A Big Thank You To Everyone And A Personal One To Jonni Who Without His Replys I Know We Would Not Have Gone All The Way (very Glad We Did)

Donation On It Way

Thank You

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks