• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

HFO chasing old welcome car CCJ - almost paid off - they say no its not

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2139 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I am a Newbie to this

I have had a long ongoing battle with HFO Services/Hfo Capital for over 13 years over a car I had on finance with Welcome Finance

which was taken back by Welcome.

I have today received a letter from HFO Capital demanding payment or they will carry our enforcement action etc etc.

having not heard from them for over 12 months prior to this letter.

This debt went to court over 7 years ago before I had found out about CCAs etc

as if I had sent them a CCA request this would have not got to court in the first place

and I was paying the judgment off by a monthly payment.

the judgment is just about paid off now but

the letter I received today shows a balance outstanding of almost twice the original judgment amount.

I thought HFO Capital / Turnbull Rutherford have lost their licence to trade according to news items and threads on here.

Can somebody help shed some light on this.

as this is stopping me getting on with my life having to have my home

and other assets in others names to try to stop them getting charging orders etc

as they tried a few years ago and got an intrim C/O on my previous home as the house was in both mine and ny partners names

my partner appealed to the court and the charging order was removed by the court

I really don't wanto go through this again all I want is closure on this.

Pleease Help!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you got all the court paperwork?

you ONLY have to pay what the judge ordered.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for replying

Yes I have the original court docs I was paying a monthly amount via online banking the figure they say I have paid is somewhat less that what the amounts on my bank statement shows.

the original judgment was for £3,300 made up of £3000 and £300 costs I have paid £2,900 over the period thus the balance should be only £400 not the £4,673 that they claim I owe.

I thought that if their consumer licence has been revoked they cannot carry on chasing people for money.

Was there any mention of interest being added to the judgment debt.?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Cant add post judgment interest on judgments less than 5K CB.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Cant add post judgment interest on judgments less than 5K CB.

Andy

:thumb:

So, will the OP simply write back to the Claimant and ask how they have arrived at the sum they are demanding, when the court order shows £x amount only is to be repaid ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have just sent a letter to HFO asking them to send me a breakdown of the figures

so I can see how they have arrived at the figure they are demanding.

CB there is no mention of any post judgement interest on the court papers just the amount as said before ie £3000 plus £300 costs.

I was under the impression that for a company to be able to charge interest after a judgement

it had to be in the Ts & Cs of the original agreement.

As HFO have not provided me with the original agreement despite several CCA requests.

I cannot check this.

The CCJ was obtained 5 Years after welcome had taken the car back in 2002

after the PPI insurance refused to pay out when I become too ill to work due to an infection that has now left me with a permanent disibility.

I had not heard anything from them till

I got a phone call about march 2007 from HFO saying I owed them over £8000 for the car I had from welcome Finance

despite the original purchase price for the car was only £4,500

I had paid a deposit of £1,000 when I purchased the car and made 2 years payments without missing any.

I now wish I had never heard of Welcome finance!!!

Edited by fivedragonslayer
missed off some info
I have just sent a letter to HFO asking them to send me a breakdown of the figures so I can see how they have arrived at the figure they are demanding. CB there is no mention of any post judgement interest on the court papers just the amount as said before ie £3000 plus £300 costs. I was under the impression that for a company to be able to charge interest after a judgement it had to be in the Ts & Cs of the original agreement. As HFO have not provided me with the original agreement despite several CCA requests. I cannot check this.

You will see andyorch's comment in post # 5 - claims under £5,000 cannot have interest added to them. I don't think they are permitted to charge for collection.. so you might need to tell them that you will ask the court if they, HFO can add to the judgment debt.

BCOBS

Have you tried to reclaim the PPI - if it wasn't fit for purpose then it was mis sold ?

BCOBS

Unfortunately I don't have the original paperwork for the Welcome finance agreement

as it was over 14 years ago when I bought the car so I am unable to reclaim the PPI

which is a shame as that would have more than covered the true outstanding balance £400.

I only have the court papers for the ccj when this all started with HFO

I did not know about CCA requests etc

as if I did this would have not got to court in the first place

as I am sure that HFO would not have been able to produce the agreement.

pers I'd just stop

let the whole things go back to court.

get an SAR off to welcome

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no they still exist

the address is in the stickies of this forum.

where you are

dx

and they

and they

is there a chance you could scan up the HFO letter

so we can see there details please

and their FCA number etc etc.

HOW TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS / IMAGES ON CAGicon IMMEDIATELY YOU DO NOT NEED 10 POSTS

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAGicon you must ensure that you REMOVE all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc

ENSURE: To leave all Monetary Figures and Dates.

DO NOT USE A BIRO, PEN, SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS TO EDIT THE INFORMATION

1. SCAN YOUR DOCUMENT

- Set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300 DPI (150 will do)

- Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture (jpg) file

- Don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

- If you have multiple scans/pictures please put these into a WORD DOC first ensuring you have removed all Personal Information before converting to PDF.

- IPHONE ONLY: Take a picture and Convert to PDF via an APP

2. HOW TO EDIT (Remove Personal Information)

- Do this using MSPAINT.EXE or any Photo Editing program and ensure to save the document.

3. HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DOCUMENT TO PDF

- If you have OFFICE installed this has an installable PRINT to PDF option so use this and save as PDF.

- If you have PDF as an installed driver use this program and save as PDF.

OR Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites:

- http://freejpgtopdf.com/

- http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

- http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

- http://www.pdfmerge.com/

- http://www.primopdf.com/

PLEASE REMEMBER: It would be better to upload a Multi-page PDF rather than multiple Single PDFs.

4. BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- Logically Name your PDF File so Users know what it is. DO NOT NAME YOUR FILE USING BANK NAMES OR CAG IN THE TITLE

- For Example: Default Notice DDicon-MM-YYYY.

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG please ensure that you do a final check that all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc. are REMOVED before carrying out the NEXT STEP

5. HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- In your Thread/Post open a new msg box here.

- Click 'Go Advanced' below the msg box.

- Click 'Manage Attachments' below that box.

- Click the 'Add Files' button on the top right.

- Click 'Select Files', navigate to your file(s) on your PC.

- Click 'Upload Files'.

- You DON’T have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box just upload it ……… JOB DONE

- You can click on your links to check them too!!

and they

I only have the court papers for the ccj when this all started with HFO

If you have the original N1 look a their particulars of claim do they claim section 69 interest 8% ? and of is it up until judgment or payment?

As you have stated already you need to check the T&Cs of the agreement to see if that allowed post judgment interest...but I personally would stop payment once that £400 is paid.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Too small please convert to PDF

You say the judgment was gained by HFO Services – not HFO Capital? Please check this. Very important.

Andy & co are of course spot on – they’re trying to add interest they’re not entitled to. Have you received the legally-required statement of account each year? Bet you haven’t!

By the way, the phone numbers are those of Turnbull Rutherford. Naughty Mr Turnbull. Not transparent at all.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.