HFO chasing old welcome car CCJ - almost paid off - they say no its not

fivedragonslayer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Their other habit with Welcome accounts was to split the claim... maybe they’re trying to apply the judgment to the whole debt rather than the claimed amount?

Either way, you must complain to the new body (FCA) as well as contacting the rump of the OFT. Stick another nail in their coffin. They deserve prison.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their other habit with Welcome accounts was to split the claim... maybe they’re trying to apply the judgment to the whole debt rather than the claimed amount?

Either way, you must complain to the new body (FCA) as well as contacting the rump of the OFT. Stick another nail in their coffin. They deserve prison.

Yes, almost certainly this... because the letter threatens to start adding interest! Bingo!

That means they’re trying to use the judgment on a smaller amount to retrieve a larger amount. Complain to the courts, the OFT rump and the FCA.

Time to send these bad boys to gaol.

Here is a variation to the original Judgement that details the original amount the judge ordered me to pay

on the original judgement the variation was to reduce the monthly instalment that I had to pay

at first they wanted the whole amount in one go

then settled for £60 per month

i applied to reduce this to the £30 per month

as in this variation order I cannot find the original judgment form at moment

(must have been filed in wrong folder in cabinet.

as you can see the judgment was obtained by HFO Services Limited not HFO Capital.

is there a template letter for complaining to the FCA and OFT

Thanks

Peter

DonkeyB

No I have not received any statements of accounts.

.. the only letters I have received are one letter stating that Turnbull Rutherford are no longer dealing with this about a year ago

and the letter in the previous post above.

oh dear!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh dear indeed.

On many levels.

HFO Capital’s new website – http://www.hfocapital.org/ – claims they treat customers fairly. I beg to differ. They are lying toerags.

More interestingly, on their Payment Methods page, they ask people to make cheques and POs payable to ‘HFO”, rather than “HFO Capital Ltd’. I wonder why this could be, given there’s an HFO Services Ltd as well? Of course, I’m not suggesting anything...

http://www.hfocapital.org/payment-methods/

One really big problem is that – I am 99% sure – the phone numbers in the letter you received lead back to Turnbull Rutherford, who supposedly have nothing to do with this any more. It’s almost worth a call to check this... actually, out of hours there is a voice message with an Indian (guessing) accent which does not identify the company at all. But that dialling code can be found in the exact business park where TR is based in Chiswick. May be worth calling to actually ask if that’s TR, or to get a named individual. Will do some more digging.

Need also to prepare a nasty letter of complaint. Capital have no rights to chase a debt owned by Services. Full stop.

Actually, there’s a far more interesting issue here.

HFO Services, which owns the account and has the judgment, is a subsidiary of HFO (UK) Holdings Ltd, which remains in liquidation.

The account should therefore be in the hands of the liquidator, and have nothing to do with HFO Capital, which was the parent company of HFO (UK) Holdings.

Unless, of course, the liquidator (same one as for Roxburghe) has sold the accounts back to Capital (which I’ll check via the Companies House depositions), which would be beyond a joke. In which case a Notice of Assignment would have been needed...

So, for now, my main question is – why is HFO Capital getting involved in the business of a company whose parent is in liquidation?

This whole HFO thing seems to be pointing towards them NOT getting their licence renewed, and digging themselves a very very deep hole.

I bet if a lot of their jdugements are looked at in depth they will be found faulty. It is a pity somebody can't do that once a company has been found misusing the courts - think of the repurcussions another company (Uncle Bryan's) would have!

Fivedragonslayer,

could you please check your credit file to see if anything’s listed against this?

Would be good to find a default date and default amount.

Do you have any records or earlier demands from before court action that show how much HFO were chasing you for?

Would be useful to get to the bottom of the possible split claim.

I would also suggest you call the 020 8899 number (as I did) to get the name and company of the person you talk to.

Ask where they are based.

Just state you will be making a serious complaint regarding their letter

– don’t enter in to any detail Record the call if you can.

Any other history on the debt would be useful.

I think the OFT will want to be your bestest friend after this.

Well, well, well... finding very interesting things from documents filed at Companies House...

Let’s just say I hope the employees of HFO Services Ltd who were actually paid by HFO (UK) Holdings (and are still owed money in many cases)

are going to ask why the shares of HFO Services Ltd were sold to a related party, HFO Capital Ltd, for just £6,000...

Hi donkeyB

I can record telephone calls,

I have checked the CRA files there are no defaults shown in relation to this as it is older than 6 years

also the judgement is no longer showing as well

I have no more paperwork from HFO

I have the original court claim which they tried to claim nearly £9K from me

but I defended it in court and the judge ordered me to pay only the £3K plus £395 costs.

Cheers

Peter

Postmark on letter from them?

Why did the judge knock it back to £3k?

Suggest you call that number to say you will be complaining in writing, and get a name, company and location. Record it, for your own records, of course, just so you can be sure what was said if it’s ever denied.

Any news Peter?

Here’s something interesting.

The accounts of HFO Services, posted in September, state that HFO Capital Ltd is in the process of being sold. The empire may appear to be crumbling, but you can bet there’s something else behind it all...

HFO.png

And I predict that a company called Cograd Ltd will rise from this. Odd that Cograd Ltd doesn’t seem to be registered with the ICO, nor does it seem to have a consumer credit licence, yet its people and suppliers (ex-HFO/Rox) are all talking about databases and portfolios of accounts. How odd.

Oh, and it seems to operate from Chiswick. Can anyone think of any solicitors in Chiswick?

And I predict that a company called Cograd Ltd will rise from this. Odd that Cograd Ltd doesn’t seem to be registered with the ICO, nor does it seem to have a consumer credit licence, yet its people and suppliers (ex-HFO/Rox) are all talking about databases and portfolios of accounts. How odd.

Oh, and it seems to operate from Chiswick. Can anyone think of any solicitors in Chiswick?

Concillian Group (CCS collect/credit solutions?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yes, Brig, it’s all under the Concilian banner – totally non-transparent Malta-registered company. Nowt to do with Credit Solutions, as far as I know.

My finger is well and truly as close to their pulse as I can keep it, until they’re all de-licensed for good. Best place I find for a pulse is the neck ;)

They also have a little vehicle trundling called Prime Arbor Capital...

Prime Arbor Ltd

Prime Arbor Finance Ltd

Director of both – Badri Nathan.

And Cograd Ltd used to be known as Roxburghe Parking Services Ltd. We’ve seen this kind of name shifting with Concilian Group companies before...

Yes, Brig, it’s all under the Concilian banner – totally non-transparent Malta-registered company. Nowt to do with Credit Solutions, as far as I know.

My finger is well and truly as close to their pulse as I can keep it, until they’re all de-licensed for good. Best place I find for a pulse is the neck ;)

There's mention of Credit Solutions on one of their websites DB.

There's a fairly large law firm in Chis Lancasters.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

There's mention of Credit Solutions on one of their websites DB.

There's a fairly large law firm in Chis Lancasters.

Could you point me to this, Brig? Hear it a lot but never see it. Some people are confused because Barclaycard used to use CS before selling debt to HFO.

What’s ‘Chis Lancasters’? Excuse my slowness. It’s early...