Cabot claimform - old fashion word 'debt'

mrsmagoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have never heard of this company. Have done a search but not a lot comes up on them.

I have received a letter from them I will type it as I have no scanner.

NOTICE OF PROCEEDINGS PURSUANT TO THE COUNTY COURTS ACT, 1984:

Despite our earlierattempts to contact you realating to your debt to J D Williams in the sum of £432.81 in relation to Debt Managers Reference: xxxxxxxx we have not received payment in respect of this debt.

We therefore give notice pursuant to the County Courts Act, 1984, that proceedings to recoverthis debt, together with solicitors fees and costs will be instigated immediatley in the Rotherham County Court.

Details of any judgments obtained in relation to this debt may be supplied to credit referencing organisations and may impede your ability to obtain credit in the future.

Should you wish to avoid this action IMMEDIATE payment of the full outstanding sum of £432.81 should be made payable to Debt Managers Limited and sent to the above correspondence.

I do know of the debt but dont think I have ever recieved a letter from Debt Managers LTD. I definitely wouldnt have signed a CCA, I am not sure when the account was opened but think it was 2007. Are they actually taking me to court? And is it to late for a CCA request?

Found this on Google, if it's the right one they've been around a while!

Debt Managers

Debt Managers Ltd was founded in 1976 and has grown rapidly to become one of the UK 's best performing and most respected independent collection agencies. ...

www.debt-managers.co.uk

Hope it helps and good luck

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

I have never heard of this company. Have done a search but not a lot comes up on them.

I have received a letter from them I will type it as I have no scanner.

NOTICE OF PROCEEDINGS PURSUANT TO THE COUNTY COURTS ACT, 1984:

Despite our earlierattempts to contact you realating to your debt to J D Williams in the sum of £432.81 in relation to Debt Managers Reference: xxxxxxxx we have not received payment in respect of this debt.

We therefore give notice pursuant to the County Courts Act, 1984, that proceedings to recoverthis debt, together with solicitors fees and costs will be instigated immediatley in the Rotherham County Court.

Details of any judgments obtained in relation to this debt may be supplied to credit referencing organisations and may impede your ability to obtain credit in the future.

Should you wish to avoid this action IMMEDIATE payment of the full outstanding sum of £432.81 should be made payable to Debt Managers Limited and sent to the above correspondence.

I do know of the debt but dont think I have ever recieved a letter from Debt Managers LTD. I definitely wouldnt have signed a CCA, I am not sure when the account was opened but think it was 2007. Are they actually taking me to court? And is it to late for a CCA request?

Follow the advice you are given here!! They chased me for an old overdraft I had from Abbey. Can't remember how I got rid of them...think I CCA'd them in the end.

Don't forget to send it recorded, and don't sign it, just print your name.

County Courts Act 1984 (c. 28) Is very broad brush, and is quite likely to be a threat.

That letter is also very good evidence of them breaching the OFT debt collection Guidelines anyway!

And even if it did end up in court, that is where you would be able to tell the judge exactly how much you could pay, even if it is a £ a month, the leeches would have to accept it, which is why they normally don't like to go anywhere near a court.:D

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I had these after a LLoyds account go the same letter and then had few others afterwards threatening doorstep visits and something from an organisation called parkgate investigations and a solicitor all clearly printed on the same printer DM use - they sent it back to Lloyds when I ignored them after a phone conversation that ended with me telling the little oik he was a lying Piers Morgan

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

• 3 years later...

They ring me about 4 times a day,

its driving me nuts,

I don't even know what its for as they aren't sending me letters.

I think its for a Fashion World account from 2007-2008, but

I dont have the account number or anything to send another CCA request.

I have done it all before but they just wont let it go.

Is there anything I can do to stop them contacting me?

Thanks in advance

Before doing any thing please check your credit reference files, Equifax & Experian(Credit Expert) have free 30 day trials, there is also Noddle ( Call Credit) which is free, but is often inaccurate/out of date but free.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Crapbot acting like little children again.

Lodge formal complaints about their harassment and misuse of the communications network to the following;

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9084/c/345,351,363

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/telecoms/

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/archive/oftel/consumer/advice/faqs/otelofaq.htm

And the OFT, once you have done that and checked your credit files, then send the fools this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If you want to stop the phone calls send the following to the Compliance Manager at Cabot Financial.

Sir,

Cabot Financial Have been telephoning xxxx xxxx xxx up to 4 times a day, I am aware of the type of business the company is and the way it conducts is business

being fully aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 I insist that all telephone commuications cease immediately and that ALL contact must be in writting only.

For clarification I do not acknowledge any liability to Cabot Financial or any company it may claim to represent.

Recorded delivery, check receipt.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 1 year later...

I have posted about this before in January asking how to get them to stop calling me and wrote them a letter. They still call the house phone but I never answer.

Today I have received a County Court form from them, its from a Fashion World account from 2008, they don't have a signed credit agreement I 100% didnt sign it and I am sure I have sent a CCA request in 2011 but I can't find the letter now.

What is my next step please?

please read and answer the following as fully as possible

thread moved to financial legal issues as claim has been issued

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-April-2014**%281-Viewing%29-nbsp

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Thanks

The Claimant is Cabot Financial

Date of issue 14th October 2014

Particulars of Claim: The Claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the Defendant(s) under a contract between the Defendant(s) and Fashion World dated on or about 12/03/2008 and assigned to the Claimant on 27/01/2011 in the sum of 489.82

Particulars a/c no - J39XXXX

Date 19/09/2014 Default Balance 489.82

Total:- 489.62

I probably did received a default notice from Fashion World, I was aware it had been sold to Cabot and they probably have sent me letters. I dont open them very silly I know.

The account originally defaulted on 10th July 2009 so payments must have ceased before then.

I did not attempt to enter a DMP, my partner had lost his job, I was suffering from depression and we just got into a mess

There is no CCA I never signed one and I am pretty sure I have requested it before

In your initial post you say you don't know what the claim is for - however you have then gone on to say that it is for a Fashion World account and this does seem to be mentioned on the claim. Is there an account reference ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

In your initial post you say you don't know what the claim is for - however you have then gone on to say that it is for a Fashion World account and this does seem to be mentioned on the claim. Is there an account reference ?

Particulars a/c no - J39XXXX

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

So now I have the account number shall I send another CCA request?

Thanks

Yes.

• 2 weeks later...

No...you acknowledge the claim by the 1st November and submit your defence by the 15th November.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread