Please help me on Landlord Issues.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

I'm currently renting a room from a landlord, and having a few issues.

First of all he says that a Council HMO was due to arrive today at 11am he notified me yesterday (Wednesday) giving me 24 hours notice which im fine about and said rooms needed to be tidy for inspection.

I rang the council yesterday to report the fact we have 8 people living in 5 bed house, and unrelated, and mentioned a HMO officer was due to come round today, they had no record of this.

Today my landlord didn't show and I waited in for them until 1pm, I texted my landlord and telephoned also, he has now responded tonight saying he needs access tommorow at 10am, 12 hours notice? Is this allowed? I have mentioned that he needs to give 24 hours notice, and that I am not happy for him to enter my room, he keeps asking if its okay and that he has a key, but I have still told him no.

Am I within my rights to do this? I'm still worried he may enter whilst i'm out tommorow.

Also another thing my tenancy agreement states that rent must be paid weekly, and I pay weekly via Standing Order, does the landlord still have to provide a rent book?

Advice please.

A Rent Book is no longer required for a weekly tenancy, provided the required info (inside front cover) is contained within the AST.

I would try to be avail at 10am Fri, if at all possible, just to see what LL wants, but I'm curious like that.