no contract, no safety check etc and moving out.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we currenty rent and have done for the last 4 years, 2 years in to renting, the estate agent closed down and some 1 else took over, this person just manages it on a private basis from what i can gather, we pay rent monthly in to their bank, then they take a cut and pay the rest to landlord.

since this chance we asked for a new contract but it never happened, our bond got trasnfered to their name under the dps scheme, but nothing else happened. the last landlord safety check and boiler service was 2012, few weeks ago the carbon monoxide alarm went off, so i got a gas safe engineer to come and find the problem, it was the back boiler, it was very dirty/dusty (no service for 2 years!!) I got it serviced and paid for it my self as didnt want to bother landlord as hes already considering selling the house!

anyway we have managed to buy our own place and should get the keys next week, but we are wondering since theres no contract in place or anything, do we have to give 30 days notice, or can we give 24 hours notice or what? also where do we stand with having no landlord check done, we have a 12 week old baby, if we didnt have that alarm, things could of been alot different!

thanks in advance for any advice or info.

Hi play it safe and state that you are moving because safety checks have no been carried out and you require your deposit to be refunded within 48 hours.

Don't forget to send a copy of the bill you have paid and demand repayment.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The original contract still exists, even if not in writing.

I assume Tenancty is now periodic, so you are required to give min 1 cal month Notice (assuming rent is payable pcm) and Notice to expire at end of the tenancy period.

We need dates for tenancy commencement, length of fixed term, date rent is due and whether payable weekly, 4 weekly or same date every month (pcm).?

rent is £550 pcm paid 1st of each month, date on last tenancy says start date 03/07/12 and it says tenancy term 12 months ending 03/07/13 (we had same tenancy previously, when it expired they got us to sign this new 1)

we havent had any form of maintenance, boiler servicing or safety checks since the tenancy start date

Hi

Irrespective that you paid for a safety check to be carried of (do claim this back from LL) it is ultamitely the landlords responsibility to ensure these checks are carried out.

I would report the no gas safety check to HSE:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/domestic/faqtenant.htm

http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/domestic/faqlandlord.htm

https://extranet.hse.gov.uk/lfserver/external/lgsr1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I would more than mention it they have to have one done and will have to get one for when the next tenant moves in anyway. Boiler is LL property so it would be reasonable for him to pay for the service as it was an emergency. If it was scheduled works then LL should have arranged it anyway so has no real grounds for complaint or not paying.