Tory work and pensions minister: Disabled people ‘not worth’ minimum wage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/15/tory-work-and-pensions-minister-disabled-people-not-worth-minimum-wage-4906892/?ito=v-a

I think even his own party should be calling for his resignation.

I would say that 90% of parliament are not worth what the tax payer is shelling out for them.. especially when they make crass statements such as this ??

A Conservative minister has suggested that disabled people are ‘not worth’ the minimum wage.

Ed Miliband called on Lord Freud to resign from his post as work and pensions minister after his disparaging remarks, made while answering questions at a meeting of the Resolution Foundation, a living standards think-tank, during the Conservative Party conference.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well it just shows "The nasty people" are still around in "The Nasty party" read on

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2014-10-15/calls-for-welfare-minister-to-resign-over-comments-about-wages-for-disabled-workers/

£2.00 an hour

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-10-15/labour-freud-apology-is-not-the-end-of-the-matter/

Nasty Lord Freud has now said sorry, too late !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29628557

Even that woman Esther McVey said

"These words will haunt him"

This why Tory party should Never win a out right victory at a general election

But then again Non of the parties deserve to win a out right victory anyway :evil:

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Interesting to learn that Labour made the recording.. now if it had been someone from the Labour Party who had been recorded, Miliband would have been shouting "foul".

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

He's got a history of making gaffes,

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lord-freud-says-bedroom-tax-2644751

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/food-banks-lord-freud-blundering-3222149

I don't think it matters who does the recording, you know 'foot in mouth' is a constant, that

pretty much sums up the Cons. They have big questions to answer on ATOS / DWP, the

state killing over 10,000 citizens is nothing to be proud of.

Disgusted by the comments made - Just waiting for the local Tory MP to come knocking asking for my vote. If I'm in, it will give me a chance to tell her exactly what I think !

p.s. Thanks mods. Hadn't seen that citizenB had beaten me to starting a thread.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Interesting to learn that Labour made the recording.. now if it had been someone from the Labour Party who had been recorded, Miliband would have been shouting "foul".

It's nothing new theses recording

All the main parties send people in recording fringe meetings at All the party conferences :| It was the tories who started it many years ago :sad:

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

It's really simple - is the disabled person able to do the same job (with reasonable accommodations)? If so they are entitled to the same wage as an able bodied person. Otherwise what we're talking about is exploitation or a 'race to the bottom' where wages are concerned - yes it starts with allowing disabled people to 'offer' to work for lower wages, but soon it would devolve into a system where people reverse bid for a job with the lowest wages they're willing to work for - of course the benefit system would have to subsidise this (as in subsidising the profits of business).

If a disabled person is unable to do the same work as an able bodied person, even with accommodations, there are other avenues open to give a foothold into the 'world of work', bolster self esteem and gain work experience - it's called the voluntary sector. There is also short term work experience for those wanting to prove themselves.

As a disabled person with chronic illnesses, sometimes, even if we don't want to, we need to accept that we're not fit for the world of work at present. I would love to work, but no employer, even a voluntary organisation is going to accept someone who is too ill to work 50-75% of the time. I do what I can to give back to society in my own (small) way.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Lord Freud used to be an advisor to the labour leadership and they had similar policies prior to the minimum wage legislation so it is not just the tories who think like that. Labour are only kicking off because it suits them to do so today, tomorrow may be very different.

I also think there is an amount of hypocrisy by the charities who are now kicking up against this as their view has changed over time as well, now favouring benefits over work rather than campaigning to get disabled people into gainful employment.

I agree that a big problem will be that some employers will exploit any scheme so even if someone works at a lower productivity and need supervision they will make sure that all of the costs are borne by the taxpayer rather than them. This is a real stumbling block and may cause riots in Boston as eastern Europeans are priced out of their slavery in the fields of Lincolnshire