Fuse box map and identification wanted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm looking for a VW Golf MK6 fuse box map as I want to now what this particular fuse which blew is for. Has been replaced but power steering not working and battery not charging. I'm curious before it goes to the doctors. I've done some research on line but nothing relevant found. People seem to want to post photos of their fuse box layout without explaining what each one is for. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy, I did find this but the images of the details are not in good focus even after trying to re configure. You would think a fuse map would come with the car but after reading blogs it seems VW say the layouts can differ from car to car and the reason they are not provided. I will trawl through this lot again to see if anything is helpful. I may try and find a relevant dept on their website I can ring who can assist.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I wanted to know this info as a family mechanic friend has the VW software diagnostics and came round with it, but it was still a mystery so a more in depth diagnosis will take place at the garage. It was my enquiring mind to see if the blown fuse gives me an idea of what's gone caput. I will post back when I have more news. Thanks again for replies.

I've found the vwaudi forum informative. You could try posting on there.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.