Arnold Clark Blackpool breaching regulations

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have purchased a used Vauxhall Corsa from Arnold Clark but

all I have had is problems and lies ever since I walked onto their forecourt.

First off,

my incompetent car salesman has entered 3 car finance agreements onto my credit report.

These got accepted then cancelled, one after the other. (Not searches these got accepted!)

The only reason he had to cancel them was down to his lack of reading skills.

First one he put wrong information on the application,

the second agreement had to be cancelled as i did not have a guarantor and

the third I was not the main policy holder of the insurance (however this was not listed in my copy of the terms and conditions,

so obviously they just made this up).

he applied for a personal loan in my name without going through any pre-contract information with me.

I had also driven the car away when I signed the second finance agreement with them

there was an issue of whos car it was as there was no finance attached to it!

I have another issue with this car salesman

when I saw this car it looked too good to be true,

i asked him who owned the car before me.

He gave me the line "just a managers car that they have traded in for a newer one",

however, on receiving my V5 it states that a hire car company owned it.

Now i'm sure he has breached the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations as stating something which is untrue?

and hiding the fact it is an ex-rental.

What should I do about this?

The manager dealt with us after that and tried to sell us another car!

Even though the finance of the car we just bought was not resolved.

He offered us money to take this new car but we declined.

He also tried to entrap me by recording a phone call

we had without my knowledge or permission.

I have complained to head office with a very long list of complaints for them

to say that we have sorted out your third finance agreement so have set your complaint to resolved.

The manager from the garage we bought the car from rang me and said I can have a full tank of petrol for my inconvenience

and he then added £100 on top of that after I started telling him everything they have done wrong.

This didn't come from head office so i'm not sure what to do.

I have put in a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman and I'm going to write to my local Trading Standards.

Do you think that I'm being fussy or should I not have to put up with this having an effect on my ability to obtain credit,

the fact that they have breached the regulations according to Trading Standards,

breached their code of conduct set out by the FCA and have lied to me throughout this process making me feel stressed and upset.

(sorry for such a long post!)

Not sure about the rest, but I'm afraid it's perfectly legitimate for them to record the telephone conversation, and they don't have to inform you that they are doing so. It's only out of courtesy that most do.

As long as the recording is made for one of the following circumstances:

1. To provide evidence of a business transaction.

2. To ensure that the business complies with regulatory procedures.

3. To see that quality standards or targets are being met in the interests of national security.

4. To prevent or detect crime to investigate the unauthorised use of a telecom system. And

5. To secure the effective operation of the telecom system.

I'd say that #1 would be the most likely to apply in your case. thumbup.gif

And one question that does arise is, if he recorded the telephone call "without your knowledge", how do you know that it was recorded?

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

you have to look at what damage has been done by their actions. AC are agebts of a finance co so you need to complain to them and get the searches removed. If they are down to incorrect detail then that should be simple. If they wont then put in a complaint to them and write to the CRA to have your statement posted with the entries saying that they are multiple applications of the entry XXXYYYZZZ and are here because of the errors of the originator.

AC will go through a third party to access the CRA database so have a moan at them as well to get the incorrect ones removed. The lists people's name will show up alongside either AC's or the finance co.

thank you for your replies. I will get in contact with AC and get them to remove them due to incorrect info, thanks ericsbrother.

thanks dragonfly but the nature of the call wasn't any of them. He was asking questions about what he had and had not said earlier that day, nothing about business transactions. He could make it look like number 2 but I fail to see it like that. Also, head office phoned me up stating that the manager recorded the phone call and they just listened to it! (however, it didn't look bad on me, only the manager! lol)

YOUR incompetent salesman, Ha Ha Ha. clark tell you that their salesmen are fully trained (don't know in what though) and even have an "Academy" for training purposes.

In my unfortunate experience with them, what you got was the norm. In 2008 their "Fully Trained" salesman mis sold me a car because he didn't know that there had been engine changes to my model, or didn't know how to identify these changes.

Since then it has all been down hill, even at general manager level. Even some of their GM's don't know about insurance clauses relating to age of tyres.

I cannot print my true feelings about this dire outfit, suffice to say dog& pavement springs to mind.