style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't get benefits as i work but I do get tax credits.

I love him but feel unsure about trust regarding money etc.

Maybe I should do a trial run like weekend stays.

To be honest if i am having these doubts it's not the right thing to do..

Don't you have to advise HMRC re tax credits if your household situation changes ? I am not sure how they would find out if you didn't tell them, unless they check records available should he register your address i.e credit records, electoral register.

If in doubt, then it may not be a good idea. You have to look into how practical it is. Can they contribute to their living costs at the house ? How would your kids feel about this ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

He did get council tax benefit but he let his son live with him for a few months and as he was working they got a bill.

Ignored it and moved to another flat!!

I have decided I don't want him to move in. He will have to find another flat.

Will look into how many nights he can legally stay before i lose my discount on council tax..

The average is 2-3 nights per week and no attachment to your home, i.e... bills n banks and anything to do with credit. You seem to have your thinking head on at least, this way you know what is what as far as what can/could affect your home or you.

He did get council tax benefit but he let his son live with him for a few months and as he was working they got a bill.

Ignored it and moved to another flat!!

You hit it right on the head there will he do the same to you if he moved in

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

My kids love him and he is great with them.

I would do everything legally as i worry too much not to.

My head is battered with it all and he isn't good at talking about it.

Maybe being a single woman is the way forward.. no stress :|

Let him know that this debt will not go away and only get worse with the end result being him being sent to prison and still having to pay the bill. They don't mess about with council tax. In the end they will get their money one way or another. He needs to make a decision, the easy way or the hard way.

Just my 2p. I notice you never said you wanted him to move in and he didn't "want" to move in until things got difficult at his old place.

Don't let him pressure you just because the easy option for him is to fall on you. It wont be very difficult or very costly for him to sort out his debts

so make that the bar he must jump to prove he is worthy of moving in with you.

I am not ready for the next stage in our relationship, I have realised that now. My children are my main priority and until he is sorted I will stay on my own.

Thanks for all your reply's and helping me to see the situation clearer.

Katsden