Being sent Mortgage Debt letter help required

broxy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i'm new to this bear with me,

I have just received a letter from Paratus AMC claiming i owe Mortgage Arrears of xxxxx for a house i don't own or have made any payments too.

There is no address as to the Mortgage Arrears or information,

just they want me to contact them ASAP to pay Arrears.

After doing some digging it appears on my credit file i have a Financial connections to people whom i knew

and it is going back to 8 years ago the date im linked,

it looks like someone has signed my name for a Mortgage /Re-mortgage.

or they are fishing sending out a letter to everyone with same name in hope.

I have received a letter from a Company a few days later from TLT which states Paratus LTD AMC v Yourself "

We confirm our client has instructed us to cancel the recent warrant request

and we have written to the court accordingly." that's all it say's.

Are this Company following proper procedures.?

I have no knowledge of this debt they request,

all help to respond to these reptiles would be gratefully received thanks.

I have asked someone to look in and help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think you need to write back recorded delivery asking them to disclose documents from the original creditors which evidence that you have any connection to this debt. State that you have never had any connection to address x and certainly have never applied for any loan or acted as a guarantor in relation to it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If the financial connection is wrong inform the CRA and disassociate yourself.

https://www.experian.com/uk/online-dissassociation-form.html

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks for the replies guy's Paratus AMC LTD are the creditor looking for over £2,000 as 2 people are linked to me in my credit file but no Mortgage is on my file as i don't have one or own a house even now.

It could be Paratus AMC are just sending out letters in hope i am going to pay, there must be procedures they must follow and have to prove the debt is mine which its not.

Thanks for the replies guy's Paratus AMC LTD are the creditor looking for over £2,000 as 2 people are linked to me in my credit file but no Mortgage is on my file as i don't have one or own a house even now.

It could be Paratus AMC are just sending out letters in hope i am going to pay, there must be procedures they must follow and have to prove the debt is mine which its not.

What is your relationship to these 2 people ?

Paratus would have to prove that you are financially liable for this debt, because you applied for a loan or signed to be a guarantor for a loan. Hence why I suggested that you write to ask them for this proof.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Actionfraud?

do you think someone forged your sig?

did you live with these people and move out?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you ever had a mortgage with GMAC?

"as i don't have one or own a house even now."

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

What is your relationship to these 2 people ?

Paratus would have to prove that you are financially liable for this debt, because you applied for a loan or signed to be a guarantor for a loan. Hence why I suggested that you write to ask them for this proof.

Thanks for reply i knew them as friends and stayed over at there house, i never signed for any loans etc i moved away from the area over 8 years ago and never heard from them. It seems if they have my name on a document they must have forged my signature , i don't understand i didn't have anything what so ever to do with the house. If the house gets repossessed it has nothing for me to lose or gain.

Actionfraud?

do you think someone forged your sig?

did you live with these people and move out?

dx

Thanks for reply It looks like this has happened i stayed for a short time while i was getting another place to stay.

Have you ever had a mortgage with GMAC?

"as i don't have one or own a house even now."

I have never signed for a Mortgage it could have been GMAC as Paratus AMC are same company from all accounts, why would anyone sign for such thing when you don't own the house. On my credit file this mortgage is not shown i haven't paid any money towards this Mortgage.

Thanks for reply i knew them as friends and stayed over at there house, i never signed for any loans etc i moved away from the area over 8 years ago and never heard from them. It seems if they have my name on a document they must have forged my signature , i don't understand i didn't have anything what so ever to do with the house. If the house gets repossessed it has nothing for me to lose or gain.

If you have never had any financial relationship with these two people, you should complete the Experian form that someone linked to earlier. If your credit record shows some financial link from just living at the house, that is a bit odd and you need to get it corrected.

You should write back to Paratus to find out what they are up to, asking for evidence. If you find out that these two friends may have included you in some financial arrangement without your permission, you will need to report this to the Police via the Action Fraud helpline.

If you have never had any financial relationship with these two people, you should complete the Experian form that someone linked to earlier. If your credit record shows some financial link from just living at the house, that is a bit odd and you need to get it corrected.

You should write back to Paratus to find out what they are up to, asking for evidence. If you find out that these two friends may have included you in some financial arrangement without your permission, you will need to report this to the Police via the Action Fraud helpline.

Thanks for your help much appreciated, yeah i have on Noddle 5/5 credit rating and names are on there with Paratus AMC as under Connections and other names i have no Mortgage shown on my credit files with Paratus AMC....Does it help me more that this is the case or it not matter..

ok so noddle is ok.

just the financial 'link' which should not be showing after all these years.

I think you best bet is to send these speculators the prove it letter.

don't sign it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok so noddle is ok.

just the financial 'link' which should not be showing after all these years.

I think you best bet is to send these speculators the prove it letter.

don't sign it

dx

Thanks for reply dx appreciated.

Thanks for reply dx appreciated.

Unless you are not being open here and there is some financial link, I would send a specific letter saying that you have never had any loan or acted as a guarantor related to address x and ask for proof of any financial relationship with x company. The standard prove it letter is generic and I don't think deals with the situation.

Unless you are not being open here and there is some financial link, I would send a specific letter saying that you have never had any loan or acted as a guarantor related to address x and ask for proof of any financial relationship with x company. The standard prove it letter is generic and I don't think deals with the situation.

Thanks for reply,

I'm being open and honest, i met and knew these people for about 4 months i stayed at the house till my rented flat was ready this was in 2006, i was never in any financial ties with these people and i don't recall signing anything for any credit or Mortgage. It would seem if my name is on a credit agreement it would have been forged the dates would seem it would have been GMAC then Paratus AMC are the known company now. If this person has not made the payments to the Mortgage they will probably get the house repossessed and the fact it is not mine i'm not on the deeds, never made a payment in 8 years i don't give a monkey's, it's just the fact i'm getting a letter to pay the arrears that is the problem.

I have received one letter from Paratus AMC to my new address in 8 years and one letter from TLT as quoted in letter from OP.

Should i wait and see if another letter comes out from Paratus AMC and TLT then take it further and get a solicitor, or contact them now asking for proof without a solicitor.

Thanks for reply,

I'm being open and honest, i met and knew these people for about 4 months i stayed at the house till my rented flat was ready this was in 2006, i was never in any financial ties with these people and i don't recall signing anything for any credit or Mortgage. It would seem if my name is on a credit agreement it would have been forged the dates would seem it would have been GMAC then Paratus AMC are the known company now. If this person has not made the payments to the Mortgage they will probably get the house repossessed and the fact it is not mine i'm not on the deeds, never made a payment in 8 years i don't give a monkey's, it's just the fact i'm getting a letter to pay the arrears that is the problem.

I have received one letter from Paratus AMC to my new address in 8 years and one letter from TLT as quoted in letter from OP.

Should i wait and see if another letter comes out from Paratus AMC and TLT then take it further and get a solicitor, or contact them now asking for proof without a solicitor.

Write to them now asking for proof of any financial relationship. Advise them that you only lived at the address x for 4 months as a temporary guest. You have never taken out a loan or acted as a guarantor.

You need to get to the bottom of this, as to why they are writing to you and why there is a financial link on your credit report. It may just be a mistake that you have been linked because you registered something at the address. Perhaps you had Car Insurance or a bank note the address. It may be nothing to do with your friends adding your name and forging your signature.

The only way you will find out, is by writing to Paratus and waiting for a reply.

Write to them now asking for proof of any financial relationship. Advise them that you only lived at the address x for 4 months as a temporary guest. You have never taken out a loan or acted as a guarantor.

You need to get to the bottom of this, as to why they are writing to you and why there is a financial link on your credit report. It may just be a mistake that you have been linked because you registered something at the address. Perhaps you had Car Insurance or a bank note the address. It may be nothing to do with your friends adding your name and forging your signature.

The only way you will find out, is by writing to Paratus and waiting for a reply.

Thanks again for reply.