May80

Fitness First Harassing former members again

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1866 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I cancelled my membership to fitness first in person in their Old Street gym on 6 June and

I received a paper receipt and email confirming that I had successfully cancelled.

At the time they told me there was a month notice period

I assumed the membership cancelled on 6 July.

Now they finally claim the notice period is NOT one month but EIGHT weeks on 31 July!!!

I found they were still debiting money from my account illegally.

When I contacted the local gym in Old Street,

the membership manager's reply was very abrupt and almost rude

I contacted their head office.

Their head office did NOT even reply.

After waiting a week,

I cancelled my direct debit and claimed the money back through the DD guarantee.

Now they have appointed debt collectors even though I dispute I owe them any money.

I have contacted the Citizens Advice consumer service who have passed the complaint to Trading Standards.

I will be contacting the CMA next about their harassment.

If Carrs continue to harass me, I will also complain to the FCA.

I have been a member since 2011 but never again.

What else can I do about this dishonest company?

Hi May and welcome to CAG

If you gave the gym a month's notice and paid the final instalment, I doubt you need do more.

You were right to cancel the DD reclaim under the DD Guarantee Scheme.

CARS are just a run-of-the-mill DCA used by FF. Complaints about them will be to Trading Standards, not the FCA.

Read other threads here and you'll see you are not alone in having trouble with gyms or their admin Co's.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)