Make sure you get your travel expenses on the day!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2338 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Had an appointment at the JC on Saturday - first time I've been asked to attend at the weekend - and was annoyed that my JC didn't have a cash box available to pay my (and others) travel expenses. I can get it next time I sign on but this is totally unacceptable.

Now I wasn't in dire need of the £6, but there's plenty who would have needed that money reimbursing immediately, especially younger people on lower benefit rates.

If you're normally paid expenses in cash at your JC and are called in at the weekend, best to get confirmation that you'll get your expenses on the day.

I have 2 emails to write now; one to my District Manager (who I know) and a copy sent to the PCS Union - may as well rattle their cage too. Will also report the adviser I saw who didn't offer expenses at the start of the interview as per guidance and ended the interview without mentioning them, also against guidance.

To some £6 is not a lot but I 100% agree, get reimbursed on the day or some people will suffer - that £6 for some people could be money for food or electric that may have run out for the day or 2 - totally unacceptable how some people are treated just because they are on benefits.

JC manager's fault (as I have pointed out in my email to the District Manager). They know they have people coming in on Saturdays, and as nobody normally signs on a Saturday then everyone is going to want expenses. It's not rocket science, is it!