BankFodder BankFodder

Lilly_Monroe

PIP Time Delay Will Be Almost 18 months before medical.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1997 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I received a letter last week from Atos telling me that I will need a medical to discuss any entitlement I might be able to claim (fine).

It has taken them almost 11 months to tell me that, but to add further delay they say it will be at least a further 26 weeks before I will be called for a medical.:-(

Complain to ATOS, DWP and your MP.

It will probably make no difference to how long it takes but this is getting beyond a joke.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Complain to ATOS, DWP and your MP.

It will probably make no difference to how long it takes but this is getting beyond a joke.

I have, I think this is only because I asked DWP what was happening (maybe)!!

I applied last Nov, got offered a medical out of my County, one in which I could not get to - about 140 mile round trip.

When I spoke to DWP they basically said there is not we can do - not much point in contacting MP as he is fully on board with all the benefit cuts and the likes, so figured it best not to even go there!

Atos just take your details - they must have scores of people contacting them.

Even if your MP is fully onboard with benefit cuts, he/she is obliged to help a constituent who is being deprived of badly needed additional funds, particularly when there's an election around the corner.

Make a formal complaint to DWP. Worst case scenario is that nothing will happen, best case you will be paid interest from when you should have received your benefit. Have to agree that complaining to ATOS is a waste of time but if you wanted to take this all the way, you have to go through the motions. Again, make it a formal complaint. In fact, to cut down on the letter writing, do the formal complaint to ATOS and to DWP just say 'see attached' and send a copy.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Lilly_Monroe,

Makes a mockery of Government's statement that by Autumn it is anticipated that, 'no one to be waiting for an assessment for more than 26 weeks'. And 16 weeks by the end of the year, because Atos/Capita are recruiting more staff, seems little short of fantasy.

I cannot remember the last time Atos Healthcare were not trying to recruit staff. And Capita are not doing any better. Through circumstance my mother has met three would be Capita assessors in as many weeks. Two walked out of the training and the third resigned at the end of her first day!

As you are in an Atos area (if you have the energy) it may be worth emailing any persuasive extra evidence that you can get, to them. Assessors for personal independence payments have more discretion over face to face assessments than assessors for employment and support allowance.

Google; 'Personal Independence Payment Assessment Guide' and read pages 28 - 29. Evidence has to relate to the functional restrictions caused by the condition, rather than the condition itself. An example is someone who relies on ready meals because arthritis means s/he cannot prepare food, or mental health problems preclude meeting a friend for coffee because of the journey or social anxiety.

Starryeyes.

Edited by ~Starryeyes~

I don't know about ATOS but we had Capita and they knew what they

were doing and got the assessment done fairly quickly, certainly within 26 weeks.

On top of that Capita got the electronic and hard copy forms to the DWP (PIP) within tens

days of the assessment.

Unfortunately DWP PIP "lost", "claimed" they had not received the hard copy forms.

Took 5 weeks before we knew about that and we asked Capita to re issue. DWP had

the hard copy within 3 working days after we requested them sent.

So, Capita do appear to know what they are doing. and to cap it all they did a

home based assessment (seems most are with them)

It's the DWP which appears to be the main bottle neck for the process with

ATOS(sers) helping the whole process to become a farce.

and despite the fact my wife has had a PIP payment and we are within 4 working days of

getting here next payment the DWP still have not sent her a Award letter even though

I have been on the phone and requested callbacks several times now.