Lost baggage - - Indefinite delay & attitude by British Airways customer care

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I traveled from Chicago to Hyderabad (India) in July 2014 in a British Airways flight. After landing at the airport, i realized that one of my checked baggages has not arrived. I logged a Property Irregular Report at the Airport BA counter.

since then i have been waiting for the update on my baggage. The only response i get from the customer care is that they are still trying to trace my baggage @ the Heathrow airport.

I logged multiple reminders at the ba.com site but none was responded to positively... the only response i received was they were still trying to trace...

Seeing the delay i logged a baggage lost compliant with my insurance company to which they wanted a confirmation from BA on the lost baggage.

after a month ba responds stating that they were unable to entertain my claim for compensation since i was pursuing with my insurance company and that they have arranged to sent me a confirmation letter for the insurance company.

However, i have not received any confirmation yet and am quite taken back by the irresponsible nature of the ba and its staff. I have been waiting for them to get my baggage or pay me compensation for the items I have already declared in to their customer care agent...

I have been undergoing lot of mental pain and agony because of the loss of my baggage.

I could not pursue this more effectively with BA for couple of reaosns..

1. they do not have any escalation matrix on their website

2. the only way to communicate with them was to update the notes on their website or call their customer care which they never attend to promptly.

3. meanwhile my father expired and i was busy in the related matters for over a month.

Please help me get this resolved. I want them to return my baggage or compensate for the loss at the earliest. I have waited for 3 long months and i think this is too much of wait.

Appreciate any help from your forum in this regard.

Regards,

Sreenivasa Reddy