S21 Notice served. No money to move out

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At the end of last month, my letting agents on behalf of my landlord issued me with a S21. No explanation was given as to why I am wanted out (my letting agents have informed me there is no legal obligation for them to do this). I have been in the property since January of this year and was expecting to be in the property well into next year. My issue is I have no money to move out, no savings, no family to approach and as I have a very bad credit rating I am not in a position to borrow deposit monies, one months rent in advance and removal monies. I work for local government and have approached my union for financial assistance but I don't think I will receive help because of my credit history.

I feel like letting rip at the letting agents because had i known there was a strong chance I would be asked to move out after several months or so I would not have moved in as I stated I wanted a long term let. When viewing the property the letting negotiator said the property was being let following a relationship breakdown, within weeks or moving in I released I was not the first tenant to move in after the relationship breakdown. The letting agent has also contacted me via voicemail to arrange an inspection, seeing as I don't know when I will be moving out I will not be responding.

I have approached Shelter and a local housing charity for advice and both have recommended i stay put until the landlord serves an eviction notice and I wait for the bailiffs to arrive. For me this is unnecessary stress and will result in my letting agents giving me a bad reference. I have been a good tenant, looked after the property and always paid my rent before the due date.

Can anyone think of any organisation I can approach for financial help? I have contacted the local council for guidance and have heard nothing.

I suffer from depression and anxiety and this situation is not helping me at all. I don't know what is going to happen to me and my pets who are the only family I have.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Edited by Bobby's girl

I'm no expert but info that might help the experts reply:

What type of tenancy is it?

If initially an AST, is it still within it's assured term?

If it has become a periodic tenancy, what is its period?

Do you pay rent monthly?

This will help establish if the S21 notice is likely valid, and what term you are guaranteed.

However, even if they cannot yet get you out, at some stage they will be able to lawfully end the tenancy, so it is worth planning for this .... Have you spoken to Shelter?

was a deposit paid and is it protected and were you given all the prescribed info.?

would help if we had all the info of the AST; date started, for how long?; date S21 served and any dates that are on it? ( two clear months notice ) any end date? is it an S21 (4)?

Hi

Rent is paid monthly. The tenancy was AST and then became statutory periodic. My local housing charity checked the validity of the S21 and it is legit. Shelter told me to stay put until I am evicted. They were of little help in terms of organisations to approach for assistance and The guy I spoke with I am convinced was reading bits of info off a sheet of paper.

Having been taken down the court route to gain possession of a previous home on grounds of rent arrears as i was unemployed at the time, I know what to expect when the court becomes involved and do not want the stress of this.

s21 dates seem OK, does it state 'after 29th November'?

If you are single, with no dependents, Council may only offer you max 14 days in hostel/B&B.

Find a shared flat where one T wishes to vacate or as a lodger with owner-occupier.

Ok, so you know the drill, after 29th November they can apply for an eviction warrant at the county court, which can take a few weeks, then if court bailiffs used can possibly take another few weeks before thy come knocking.

However the LL can take it to High Court for eviction once warrant issued and you will get ' no notice', they just turn up, however this will cost a bit for LL.

As for getting money to move, try Local Council ( go and see them), they sometimes have schemes to help with deposit, which you can repay when you get yours back. ( better and cheaper for them to do that than wait for you to be evicted! then find temp housing ).

good luck.

The Notice says "Date of Expiry After 29 November 2014, or after the end of the complete period of your tenancy that will end after the expiry of two months from the service of this notice upon you"

I note what you say concerning find a shared flat, etc but often with house shares a deposit, etc is still required (certainly where I live it is). This is my problem, I do not have any money to move in anywhere.

Your local credit union may give you loan for a deposit on another property - you just have to live or work in the borough. They help people with bad credit and give low interest loans.

they have helped me with a loan and I have very bad credit.

Good luck

If you move at the end of a rent period then you can use the money you would of paid for rent there!

I know I should not say this but when desperate; you could use last months rent to go towards the new place and your existing deposit could cover what's owed to LL.