style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've come home today to find a card posted through my door to say a Bailiff has been to execute a warrant.

Some years ago I lost a Money Claim Claim as I was too frightened to attend to Court. I was ordered to pay just over £2000.

I've been paying £30 every month. I send the person a load of cheques to cover a year at a time. One got missed and the person jumped at the chance to send in the Bailiff.

I sent in an application to the Judge along with my fee. The form got sent back along with a new form (I'd completed the wrong one). The Court cashed my cheque and I sent in the new, completed form. In the time it took for me to send the new forms in, the court had sent me a cheque for the amount I'd originally paid and it now looks like the Bailiffs are to continue.

When all this happened all that time ago I became very overwhelmed and everything looked black.

I just want to get rid of this. I don't have the money to pay in full.

How can I get rid of the Bailiff? Can I just tell him what I own and let him take the stuff? Will it get rid of it all?

They say I owe £1600 which is definitely wrong as I've gone through all my statements.

The card dropped through the door is headed HM Courts and Tribunal Services.

Please can anyone help and advise?

The bailiff is not after your belongings just cash

I assume this is a ccj against you

If so there is no right of entry no forced entry

You need to contact the court

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)