The Able Group - Emergency call out for plumbing work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Able Group - Unable to fix anything & unable to refund...

I need to vent a bit about this emergency call out plumbing service.

I booked them to investigate hot water flushing back into a cold water storage tank. They sent an obviously unexperienced plumber, who ignored the requested job, & fitted a ball cock instead. The tank flooded again. They sent another plumber who turned down a thermostat, & ignored the original job. The tank flooded again.

They billed more than was agreed to my credit card.

They refused to refund & I'm having to request money back via chargeback & go through small claims / trading standards.

Terrible customer service, terrible quality tradesmen, terrible experience.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The most likely cause of your problem is a hole in the hot water heat exchanger pipes,

the piping that goes from the boiler to the hot water tank.

The leakage forces the water from the normally closed system into your normal hot water supply

and forces the excess back up into the cold water tank and thus causes overflowing.

This is not an uncommon problem on older combi boiler systems so a competent plumber should have spotted it straight away.

I would be not only after getting your money back but reporting tehm and the individual to Trading Standards/trade organisation.

The plumber doing the necessary repair will need to be Gas Safe registered so ask for the persons registration number.

It must be his, not someone else in the companys otherwise it is not valid.

What has been done by replacing ballcock doesnt need GS certification though so a get out for whoever did just that and dint cure your problem.