MyHermes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm hoping if someone can assist me in regard's to myhermes.

I'm currently selling item's on ebay, and sent a wall mountable fish tank (30% glass) to a customer. Myherme's then sent me a message saying they have damaged the item but will not return the item nor pay for the damages. They have said I have 10 days to drive 127 miles to there local depot to collect my item, (Baring in Mind I don't Drive) or they will dispose of it. Yet they will not prove they have disposed of it so basically they could sell it as there was other part's of the item like a fish tank heater and filter.

All they have offered is a refund of the postage cost's I paid, but I saw some people on here have had similar problems with them and been successful.

I find it quite odd that they would admit to damaging the item and then advise they are not prepared to compensate you. Hardly the way to set about recruiting customers !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have read there T & C's and having read them they do kinda sound unfair.

I'm Thinking The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999?

What I don't understand, why would a business exclude 99.9% of the items they know they be dealing with on a daily basis? Also if customer's are sending items which are more likely be excluded why offer a higher compensation policy if they damage/lose the item?

They need to take responsibilities for there action's, if a customer pays to use there service and they damage someone else's property surly they should be held accountable and not hide behind there T&C's?

Could I also take action in Regard's of selling Insurance for a excluded item? When filling out the parcel information it does not come up with any excluded item's, but if you put Glass/Aquarium it will try to sell your insurance in case they damage the item.

Also, Having read the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, I've come up with several point's and can someone confirm these please,

SCHEDULE 2

INDICATIVE AND NON-EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF TERMS WHICH MAY BE REGARDED AS UNFAIR

(b)inappropriately excluding or limiting the legal rights of the consumer vis-à-vis the seller or supplier or another party in the event of total or partial non-performance or inadequate performance by the seller or supplier of any of the contractual obligations, including the option of offsetting a debt owed to the seller or supplier against any claim which the consumer may have against him;

(d)permitting the seller or supplier to retain sums paid by the consumer where the latter decides not to conclude or perform the contract, without providing for the consumer to receive compensation of an equivalent amount from the seller or supplier where the latter is the party cancelling the contract;

(i)irrevocably binding the consumer to terms with which he had no real opportunity of becoming acquainted before the conclusion of the contract;

I paid for a signature which was an extra £1 and this included a standard £50 Compensation. Any Advice is welcome, Next step is to send them a letter before action but firstly need to obtain the reverent regulation's that they could of potentially breached.

they are very bad scaniaman.

I've only used them for a short period, Sent about 9 parcel's using them, the 7 have been delivered without any problem's, the other problem I had with them is they lost a expensive mobile phone last month ( as there delivery driver's are self employed it was most likely stolen). I've sent them a email to the Customer Relations and hoping they will start doing the right thing.

One Question? MyHerme's opened my parcel without asking me first, I assume they did this to check for damage's, they say they can't send it back to me for health and safety reason's, but then they open it anyway? surly if they are that bother about health and safety they would not open is in the first place, especially without my permission.

Subject

Complaint - EXCLUDED ITEM COMPLAINT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Response By E-mail (xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) (10/10/2014 09.04 AM)

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxx,

RE: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Firstly I would like to express my sincere apologies on behalf of myHermes and I thank you for taking the time to highlight your concerns.

When creating an order on the myHermes website, you are asked to check your item against our excluded & prohibited item list. This appears on section 2 of the order form titled 'Parcel details'. On this section you also asked to state what your item is, this is purely for your benefit so you can refer to this at a later date if needed. You would not be refunded for any additional insurance level taken out, whether the item sent appeared on the excluded item or not, if the item was delivered successfully.

In relation to your order, the £50 is our standard compensation level regardless of an additional signature request. However, as your item contains glass, we are unable to process any claim for compensation; as stated on our excluded item list "Items made wholly or partly of glass", are exempt from any claims for compensation.

While I appreciate this is not the desired outcome you expected when sending an item through myHermes, and subsequently contacting our Customer Service team, I can assure you that you have been advised correctly throughout and we are unable to compensate you for the damage to this item.

Kind regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Customer Relations Advisor

myHermes Customer Relations Department

This is there reply to a email I had sent to them, so they openly admit someone who has a excluded item can take out a higher compensation policy and they also admit should that excluded item be delivered successfully they would not give the customer a refund back. So it seem's it's one rule for them one rule for the consumer which I feel is very wrong.

• 3 months later...

Completely agree with some of the feedback at CAG - myHermes is by far THE worst company I have ever dealt with. Every organisation has customer complaints from time to time and eventually they will respond albeit you may not like the outcome.

I dispatched 3 items in early December, two sailed through and one was damaged in their depo during that fire they had at one of the regional distribution centres. My buyer reported the damage and I filed a Damage Claim with myHermes with pics from my buyer.

Following a torturous exchange of numerous emails (& I do mean numerous over a period of following 5-wks) - drip, drip each asking a specific detail about the item. I eventually asked the claim to be escalated and they reimbursed.

Issue - I am still out of pocket while I had to reimburse my buyer in full.

I have now escalated this incident 3 times. First time they did not respond at all. I called and re-issued my complaint with meticulous audit trail of dates/time and precisely what happened.

The 3rd time they finally responded and it is clear that they have not even read the full complaint otherwise they would not reject my escalation with a flimsy reason that is just so wrong.

Incidentally, in this protracted exchange of emails, once they sent me a response with personal details of a customer that had absolutely nothing to do with my complaint. The 2 incidences would not be further apart if you tried so how myHermes got them mixed up, I have no idea.

Would not touch them again, ever.