Local Authority Sharing Data.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As far as we are aware they receive copies of all the leters we get. Which if they are exact contain income details. They also know what is going on before us as they have a 'system link'. The other day we were owed money due to us overpayng rent and they were weary of refunding it until they checked with the local council.

We just want to take control of the situation as they are no different than a normal landlord.

I have read that you can stop this from happening if you request it. I think that I read that it is under the DPA 1989 but I just wanted to check.

landlord notification letters dont usually contain any income/capital/applicable amount info

they normally just include information about levels of HB awarded without explanation about how it was calculated

if you are worried about this, I would first ask the Council for copies of any recent landlord notification letters

if HB is being paid directly to your landlord, the Council has to send them landlord notification letters - the easiest way to stop any correspondence going to your landlord is to ask for HB to be paid directly to yourself

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

We were informed awhile ago that this cannot be doen as we are under a 'social housing' landlord.

Would this stp the system link that they have?

Personally, we would like to stop them sending information to them.

Normally council have a data sharing protocol with registered social landlords in line with the DPA.

Majority of payments are made directly to Social Landlords also which is why they get copies of letters.

SAR as said and if not happy raise a complaint and get them to explain what and why they share information.

Having worked for a social landlord, we only used to get 'front page' info, so the bare bones of the award and no details about income or non dependants or anything like that.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

We were informed awhile ago that this cannot be doen as we are under a 'social housing' landlord.

Would this stp the system link that they have?

Personally, we would like to stop them sending information to them.

As long as you are not in significant arrears (8 weeks), you have right to have payments made to yourself

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I know that this is a bit off the primary topic that I posted but the local council are being a right pain in the rear end.

I work part-time due to disability and other health problems including PTSD from military service. My wife has recently started a part-time course, no student finance etcetera, and she is required to do six hours unpaid in a placement for said course.

While at the placement she was offered some 'bank staff' work. We informed the local council over the phone, kept a log of all details, of what she would be earning and that she would not know what days she would be doing as she would only be called in when they are short. The guy stated that we needed to phone in each week and state what she will be doing and also phone in and inform them if she is not doing anything.

She only had work in a paid capacity for three days over two weeks then it stopped. We phoned in each week and infromed them of what she would be earning and what hours/days she would be doing aswell as sending in her only two payslips.

The reason for stopping was primarily down to the fact that the local council changed their tune and demanded a letter from her employer every week stating whether or not she would have work, this was not practical as due to the nature of the job as she could go months without work but still need a letter every week.

So we wrote to the local council and informed them that my wife had stopped work. Now they are demanding a letter from the employer confirming this and have cut our HB for the last four weeks by a third as they refuse to accept that my wife has no income.

We can't get any letter from the employer as the place is shut for the half-term. Now are rent arrears are massing due to this and it won't be long before our landlord issues us with a notice.

[...] but the local council are being a right pain in the rear end.

So we wrote to the local council and informed them that my wife had stopped work. Now they are demanding a letter from the employer confirming this and have cut our HB for the last four weeks by a third as they refuse to accept that my wife has no income.

I would suggest getting your local councillor and/or MP to raise the issue at a higher level - I have never had such level of c**p from my LA, and they have been happy to accept payslips on a monthly basis. Sounds like someone low down in the pecking order is making decisions above his/her pay grade.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.