scottish power gas bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone!

i havent bought credit for my gas meter for about 2 years and have had no hot water or heating

and the housing company (sanctuary) capped said meter because of this.

strangely i now, according to the credit balance thingy on the meter it says i owe them 212 quid.

just wondering what this 212 quid is for since i havent used the thing.

could anyone explain why and where these charges have came from?

the reason i havent topped the gas meter up is cos i couldnt afford it in the first place.

i kept topping it but they kept deducting money and

one day i walked for miles for a fiver top up and the damn thing took the whole fiver

and i was left totally scunnered. no gas at all.

i have heard from some other folks that there is a charge for simply "having the meter"

- seems out of order to me! £212 . for nothing! any of you guys explain this to me? thanks folks!

thanks again folks !

Prepayment meters have a weekly charge of approx 1.70 or more that gets taken from any credit on a weekly basis, mine gets taken every wednesday.

If you google scottish power prepayment standing charge it will give you alot more info.

Hope that helps.

As long as the meter remains in place S P will impose this standing charge.

Choices are

1 Persuade Sanctuary to have the meter removed or pay the standing charge themselves since you don't use gas.

2 Move to a company who have a zero standing charge - google utilities + [exact phrase] "no standing charge" .

If you don't take action, the charge will continue.

You should also write to [not phone] S P, explaining that you are a vulnerable customer with special needs who was unaware of the introduction of the charge. Politely but firmly tell them that, in the circumstances, you believe you should be granted a refund.

If your health condition makes it a struggle to write formal letters can you go to CAB or is there an advocacy service in your area?