Jump to content

housing benefits apeal


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

hi everyone after a bit of advice, i started work in october 2013 and applied for housing benefit got turned down as they had the wrong information about me i sent in my wage slips for the first couple of months and was then awarded 2.50 a week, in april i got my p60 saying i had earner around 5000 since october and again since april i have earned the same again i have really been struggling to keep up with payment of my council tax because i had spent 300 on rent from the 650 i have had in wages some months. every benefits checker i have done online is saying with my earnings being around 10000 a year i should of been getting 25 a week, is there anyway i can appeal this disission and have it looked into again. i know you can only appeal for upto one month but surely as i could not of know and still dont know exactly how much i should of been recieving, they should look into this again instead of basing it on my first three payslips which was during the peak period so i was doing more hours anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can provide your current pay slips and ask for a review of your award which will deal with the issue going forward.


Unfortunately if you can't prove that the hb section were aware of your reduction in pay, then there would be no scope to even make a late appeal.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Link to post
Share on other sites

if your income has decreased - this is classed as an advantageous change of circumstances if it would increase your HB


for advantageous changes of circumstances, you have one month to notify the change in writing to the Council


if you notify within one month, they will go back and iuncrease your HB


if you do not notify change within one month, your HB would only increase from when you notified the Council of the change


the Council can extend the one month period if you had special relevant circumstances for not notifying, from information you had supplied, I suspect most Councils would not extend the period

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...