Amazon messing me around

JonniBravo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a couple of football shirts from Amazon, they were pretty cheap at £14.99 but I thought it must be right its Amazon right! I ordered and received a order confirmation stating the item was not in stock but would be dispatched as soon as they had more stock.

I got an email a few days later stating that an error had been made with the pricing and that the items ordered would be cancelled, they went on to say as a gesture they would honour the price of one item and cancel the other.

So I thought well at least I get one, since I bought these shirts for my boys I thought I'll go into town and pick one up from another reputable store so my boys are not fighting over who gets the shirt, this cost me £44.

Yesterday I got an email saying and I quote "Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order ".

So now I am £44 down and I'm going to have to pay a further £44 to get the shirt for my other son. Is there anything I can do here, the item was a third away kit could I not request they supply a another shirt from the same team??

Hi Jonni

It's not great, it does sound suspect. First it was a pricing error, then the supplier doesn't have stock.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened (bought two shirts), how they have let you down (pricing error - cancelled one, then cancelled the other, explain that you bought one for £44 as that would have sorted out the situation if they have honoured one of the shirts as they said they would, now one of your sons will be left disappointed) and what you want them to do.

Sent it to:-

Mr Christopher North

Amazon UK

Chief Executive

[email protected]