Electoral Roll and other public domain info

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If a DCA posts up your personal details on the web to pressure you in to paying, I think it would be equitable to return the compliment.

In the meantime, they do not. You posting such details up on them without such a reason would be vindictive, immature and not get you anywhere with your problems.

Keep it in the private domain, but by all means use the public sources to get to the right people for complaints etc.

Such as name, address, dob, FB profile all of which are freely available on the net?

I see no issue with that, as long as the information is freely available by searching (the correct areas) of the internet & that you provide a link.

You must make sure that the information is up to date.

You have also forgot to add in a StreetView piccy of their house/apartment :wink:

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

I see no issue with that, as long as the information is freely available by searching (the correct areas) of the internet & that you provide a link.

You must make sure that the information is up to date.

You have also forgot to add in a StreetView piccy of their house/apartment :wink:

Stigman

I think its only fair, that if they have free access to my details, then I should be able to access their details

If they write to me at my home address, it's only fair to let them know that I have theirs

Yes the info is all there, and from the 'correct sources' along with the option of contacting them by private email if I so wish

This is just a game, one that they have already lost ;)

Ermm, streetview !! Some people do live a grand lifestyle based on the misery of others ;)

Here's a handy link: itraceuk co uk

I think its only fair, that if they have free access to my details, then I should be able to access their details

If they write to me at my home address, it's only fair to let them know that I have theirs

Yes the info is all there, and from the 'correct sources' along with the option of contacting them by private email if I so wish

This is just a game, one that they have already lost ;)

Ermm, streetview !! Some people do live a grand lifestyle based on the misery of others ;)

Here's a handy link: itraceuk co uk

Indeed, the tool works both ways, we can find them if they can find us.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Directors/CEOs /COOs data is often posted on this forum, and used for addressing " formal complaints" much data is available on LinkedIn Premium.

Although it may be a problem placing a company directors personal details on the internet, home address etc.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

[quote=BRIGADIER2JCS;

Although it may be a problem placing a company directors personal details on the internet, home address etc.

Yes that is a bit of a grey area, but nothing stopping me from writing to them, or sending them a birthday/xmas card ;)

I play poker, and one of the key elements in that, is to know your opponents.

Yes that is a bit of a grey area, but nothing stopping me from writing to them, or sending them a birthday/xmas card ;)

I play poker, and one of the key elements in that, is to know your opponents.

You may well be going down the road of vexatious actions /harassment should you send " business" post to a home address, the "director" is entitled to separate home life from work.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You may well be going down the road of vexatious actions /harassment should you send " business" post to a home address, the "director" is entitled to separate home life from work.

*Business* being the key word here

Perhaps I should consider their phishing letter as as a form of harassment then?

company directors are supposed to have their home addresses listed at Companies House so it is public information. needless to say, many dont do this and use an office address instead. This is unlawful but no-one has ever been rebuked for doing so.

So, can you post up the home address of a director of a company? Yes. Can you use the information to threaten or harass them? No.

I have in the past written to the home address of the boss of Ebay Uk to send legal documents to them rather than the letterbox registered addtress they have and ignore. You may do this but be careful of what you send that way. A cease and desist letter is OK but a general rant about their company might be enough to get their attention for the wrong reason. I'm sure you are a reasonable person and know the difference anyway so you have really already answered you own question.

They have free access to your data because you gave them permission to do so. If you look on any agreement it will say about passing details to a third party, DCA are one of those third parties.

They have free access to your data because you gave them permission to do so. If you look on any agreement it will say about passing details to a third party, DCA are one of those third parties.

That would be a yes and a no. Details such as name, past address yes. But no as too my present address, this would've had to be gained by other means. IF there is a debt it would be well in excess of 8 years,

And we have moved twice since then (no not hiding, we sold our flat and brought our current home out in the sticks)

ericsbrother - I don't do rants, it's counter -productive, I do polite and legal, and sent to the correct address, never to a Virtual Office or a PO Box ;)