style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have been paying Rossendales regularly with an outstanding council tax bill.

I missed a payment by 2 days and tried to pay online. I put in the wrong card details and they blocked me from paying online. I did call them and they wouldn't take the payment over the phone as said I needed to speak with someone that wasn't in the office regarding my broken agreement.

Today I have received a visit from an Enforcement Agent who left a letter for me adding £235 on top of the £140 outstanding bill. I am unemployed and now getting in more of a panic..... Please help

You shouldnt have paid them anything. You should have paid the council direct.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/debt_w/debt_action_your_creditor_can_take_e/bailiffs_e/complaining_about_bailiffs_e/bailiffs_and_vulnerable_people_e.htm

Go to your council prove you are unemployed and get them to take the debt back.

Bailiffs have heard every excuse there is, so you need to prove you are unemployed and prove the same to the council so they can recall it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have just borrowed the money and paid in full the £141.77 remaining debt and paid by Rossendales automatic online payment. (before reading comment....sheer panic rather than get into further debt

The letter only came an hour ago. Ive prob just done the wrong thing AGAIN :'(

Do you think I will still be charged the £235 enforcement agent visit???

What did you do when getting the enforcement notice ?

Think you will need to write to the council to explain what has happened and see if they will take the debt back, cancelling Rossendales

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I called rossendales and they said the £235 stands and I have to call the enforcement agent to arrange payment so apid through their automated service.

If £235 does not get added then the bill is paid in full. Will they chase me for just the £235 even though there is no original debt left??

I called rossendales and they said the £235 stands and I have to call the enforcement agent to arrange payment so apid through their automated service.

If £235 does not get added then the bill is paid in full. Will they chase me for just the £235 even though there is no original debt left??

Did you receive the notice of enforcement giving you 7 days to pay the council tax ? This is important, because if you did not receive it, then you may only have to pay the £75 compliance fee and not the £235 enforcement fee.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Been paying Rossendales for months following an initial visit and £44.90 visit charge from a bailiff. Not had anything from them since they said I had broken my agreement when I tried to pay 2 days late. Until today?

I have been paying Rossendales regularly with an outstanding council tax bill.

I missed a payment by 2 days and tried to pay online. I put in the wrong card details and they blocked me from paying online. I did call them and they wouldn't take the payment over the phone as said I needed to speak with someone that wasn't in the office regarding my broken agreement.

Today I have received a visit from an Enforcement Agent who left a letter for me adding £235 on top of the £140 outstanding bill. I am unemployed and now getting in more of a panic..... Please help

I was paying before april 2014, can you please explain levy goods?

I never let them in my house and he walked away and five minutes later a letter went through my door explaining he had been and a 44.90 fee had been added to the account.

So he's added spurious charges to the debt that he is not allowed to do? Sit tight for more accurate advice.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I was paying before april 2014, can you please explain levy goods?

I never let them in my house and he walked away and five minutes later a letter went through my door explaining he had been and a 44.90 fee had been added to the account.

Are you sure of the £44-90 and do you know how this was split? If only 1st & 2nd Visit Fees were involved then it should be £42-50? What paperwork were you left originally?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
Are you sure of the £44-90 and do you know how this was split? If only 1st & 2nd Visit Fees were involved then it should be £42-50? What paperwork were you left originally?

Sorry for such a late reply. I am sure of the £44.90 fee which has been paid in full with the outstanding bill but not sure of the breakdown.

I have now received another letter telling me that I still owe £235 and this is a final letter stating that more fees will be charged when the officer turns up as stated on their letter.

I have just written to them stating I am a vulnerable household as they know and asking why are they still attending for a bill that has been fully paid. (except the £235 enforcement fee).

I will also write to Hastings Borough council telling them of the circumstances and what has happened.

Any further advice will be greatly appreciated...

To claim potential vulnerabilty you must supply some form of proof - for health issue a letter from a medical professional, for Benefits and Award Notice. It may pay to involve your local Councillor(s) to intervene at the Council for you.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To claim potential vulnerabilty you must supply some form of proof - for health issue a letter from a medical professional, for Benefits and Award Notice. It may pay to involve your local Councillor(s) to intervene at the Council for you.

will supply Rossendale's with a letter for depression from my doctor and of also our benefit awards notice with this letter.

• 4 months later...

hi can i please have some urgent advice.....

Paid the council tax bill off same day they added £235 for a charge by the bailiff. they still chased for £235. Girlfriend said she would pay £50 a month as pressured. She paid the first one the missed the last couple as didnt have money. Now got a letter saying van tuning up tomorrow?? unless we pay £185 in full and call the enforcement agent.

What can they do?

Hide that car a good 10-15 min walk away. They cant break in so dont worry.

Why are you intent on paying him something you may not have to? Stop panicking and wait for advice.

as he could turn up first thing tomorrow morning with a van and may incur more charges.... initial bill was £239.27 and already gone over £500... £185 to pay and dont want more costs if he turns up. jusyt worried to be honest as we cant afford to incur more costs...also to get him off our backs as our lives not that good at the minute and would be a less worry