wetcloths sending phishing letters for Someone else to my address!

Going forward
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning :)

I received a "confirmation of residency" letter from Westcott's on Thursday stating that they have established that ****** is the resident of my address and to contact them for payment. They are acting on behalf of Barclays.

This person has never lived at my address and if they had looked at the electoral roll they would have seen that I live with my sister.

Do I send them a letter stating this or is their something more official that I could send?

Thank you

Morning :)

I received a "confirmation of residency" letter from Westcott's on Thursday stating that they have established that ****** is the resident of my address and to contact them for payment. They are acting on behalf of Barclays.

This person has never lived at my address and if they had looked at the electoral roll they would have seen that I live with my sister.

Do I send them a letter stating this or is their something more official that I could send?

Thank you

Hi Take a copy of the letter and return the original to Wescott via your post person

Mark the envelope NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS, hand it to your postman with a note stating Mr/Mrs/Ms xxxxxxx does not reside a you address this should stop further deliveries.

Personally I would not contact Wescott by any means, you don't want to be drawn into their phishing trip.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brigadier - I do not have the original envelope, but will just put their return address on the back of another envelope and return. Is that okay?

Hi GF,

Yes fine, just put the name of the person and your address on the new envelope

and the return address on the back, hand to postman so you don't need to pay

for a stamp.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Yes fine, just put the name of the person and your address on the new envelope

and the return address on the back, hand to postman so you don't need to pay for a stamp.

Not quite true - What will happen if you put your name & address on the front is a few days later, you will receive a card from Royal Mail telling you you have a fee of £1.53 to pay for a "package". To avoid this, the OP has one of three options:

1. Bin the original letter and ignore.
  2. Send a covering letter to Wetcloths telling them their information is incorrect and stick a second class stamp on the envelope.
  3. Send a letter as per option 2, omitting the stamp and let them pick up the surcharge payment of £1.53.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Not quite true - What will happen if you put your name & address on the front is a few days later, you will receive a card from Royal Mail telling you you have a fee of £1.53 to pay for a "package". To avoid this, the OP has one of three options:

1. Bin the original letter and ignore.
  2. Send a covering letter to Wetcloths telling them their information is incorrect and stick a second class stamp on the envelope.
  3. Send a letter as per option 2, omitting the stamp and let them pick up the surcharge payment of £1.53.

Totally true and the best way of stopping suck mail the PO will then return such mail straight from the delivery office.

Totally true and the best way of stopping suck mail the PO will then return such mail straight from the delivery office.

okay so I am going to do Brigadier's way and will report back as to what happens. Hopefully I will not hear from them again and they go and do their job properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Be interested to know what happened here if poss

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

How odd and did you "hand it to the post man" as the Brigadier said ? ?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Seems like the "Return to Sender" method hasn't worked if you have received more correspondence from them.

Why not revert to post #5 and either bin and forget or write to them.

Threatening them with a handwritten note on the back of an envelope is not going to pack any punch whatsoever. Even if it did, you will not be able to get a complaint lodged with fos until you have gone through the company's complaints procedure.

Yes IMs is right, you would be hard pressed to get the sorting office to sift though and re address your incoming mail. :)

You need to either address the matter to the sender or just ignore.

• 2 months later...

So I decided to complain to Barclays (all the letters from DCA originated from them) about the post i was receiving and they investigated.

Outcome was that they have sent a letter of apology and deposited £177 into my account with ombudmans details if I am not happy with that.

I have been assured that it will not affect my credit rating as it is someone else's name on my address, but still am not sure...