Claim Form (false Particulars)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help.

I have spent some time on the site gathering information but I am now lost with the problem I have.

I have been issued with a Claim Form for the amount of £1270.00.

I have already responded to the claim form and

after reading on this site I understand that the claimant is not following the process correctly.

In brief

the claimant is saying that I did not return a laptop that I purchased from him via ebay

he asked for the item to be returned and I did,

he claims that I had the parcel re directed to my address and then subsequently I was issued a refund from PayPal, therefore committing fraud.

He also claims that Paypal have evidence that I redirected the parcel and that this evidence was handed over to the police.

This I know to not be true, paypal refunded me the money and they also rejected his appeal.

I have proof on so many of his points that I know I can defend this claim.

• I was not in the UK on the date of the delivery. (Working in Germany)
  • My signature is not the one on the delivery note.
  • the recipient was a MRS B (I am a male)
  • DHL tracking shows the parcel being redirected by the recipient (the claimant).

The point I require help on is that he did not inform me in writing that he was submitting the claim,

(am I correct in assuming that he should have?)

Secondly

when I purchased the laptop i received a VAT invoice from a company for the laptop,

however I believe that the claimant has logged the claim under his name as apposed to the company name.

(i also understand this to be incorrect?)

I suspect he is trying to intimidate me and would like to know if I can simply have this claim struck off due to the above points?

Thanks in advance.

Pre action protocol does require a letter before action (as I understand it) You will find all the information you require in the link below.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/protocol

This will be a small claims action and therefore costs will be limited unless one party is found to be unreasonable. From what you are saying, it would look as though the claimant is chancing his luck.

If you are able to prove all your points, then I don't see you will have any problems defending.

Was this a Money Claim (MCOL) and have you simply acknowledged the claim at this point or have you actually submitted a defence ?

I will ask others on the site team to look in on you as well. That might be later on today / tomorrow.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Firstly, CitizenB I appreciate your help and time, so a thousand thanks!

Yes this was a MCOL.

I have defended because of time.

Yes I agree he is taking a chance, but really he is being malicious, I work and live most of my time in Germany, visiting my UK address infrequently the claimant knows this and to my surprise I found a claim from in the post this thursday and I luckily only had until monday to reply so I have defended the claim i wish I had more time so I could have used advice from this site.

I did address the points in his particulars and added additional point like mentioned in my post above. But I wish I could have added the pre action protocol and the fact this claim should be from the UK company not him.

On saturday i received the directions questionnaire, i have filled this out and will post on monday

A1, YES

C1, YES

D2, NO

D3, 1

Because he has not followed the pre-action protocol, how do I go about using this as a defence point?

Would i need to wait until the hearing? or would it be better to defend the claim based on evidence on the particulars rather than on a technicality of process?

thanks in advance.

Edited by dragonsunset

Your defence should respond to the actual claim points - which you appear to have done. You will be given the opportunity to expand in a witness statement nearer the time any court date is set. If the court doesn't mention this, I think you can submit one anyway as long as it is with the court and the claimant 14 days prior to the hearing.

It could be that having seen your defence, he might well discontinue before it gets that far.

The claimant can refute the points you have made if he wants to and you again, have the opportunity to respond to that. The court does like the parties to try and resolve things before it gets to court - they might even suggest mediation (there are mixed views on that). I am sure andyorch and others will look in and give their more experienced views on how you can proceed given that you have already submitted your defence.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thread moved to the correct forum.

Dragon if you could type out their particulars verbatim and the defence you submitted...would be of great assistance.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread