• Tweets

• great so everything sort of matches now a meter with no flat number and one not for your number.   now simply write to EON. i doubt your usage will be that dissimilar to a like flat so you might even get a credit balance   dx  
    • threads merged.   going by your original thread the debt was sold around mar/apr 2017 so a default would have been registered by LLoyds upon sale when a debt is sold the name if the OC is replaced by that of the debt buyer   so everything to me sounds ok the defaulted date is of that time  and the whole account will vanish on the defaults 6th birthday.   what anyone put post that can't harm you further because they are not allowed to change a defaulted date subsequent calendar markers are irrelevant and can't hurt you file  further.
    • This is an area that I suppose we don't have a lot of experience in. So we will have to feel our way as best as we can – but there may be better sources of information elsewhere. You use the word "manifest" a couple of times – as if it is some kind of technical term. Does it have a special meaning?
    • Thanks and tried that route.  Seems they can for Jeeps up to about 2010, but not the newer versions.  I even tried an ex-Jeep franchise and same answer although they can service and reapir Jeeps, if a repair is done where the software needs to be updated,  I need to go to a franchsie dealer and cost is about £120.  I am wondering if a Subject Access Request can be made showing all documentation including a read out from the ECU on the Jeep?
    • Apologies Blemain finance is named on the paperwork how and what info do I put on sar  thanks 
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Tenant instructed carpet cleaner, Carpet cleaner has shrunk carpet

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2193 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

my tenant upon moving out hired a carpet cleaner to clean the carpet.

The cleaner came a couple of days ago did their job and left, the carpets were still damp after 24hours and not to mention shrunk!

The letting agent still has the tenants £1800 deposit and the carpet to replace is around the same amount.

1. Is the tenant able to sue me if the deposit is not returned through small claims?

2. Can I sue the carpet cleaning company as I have suffered Loss/ Damages or does it have to be my tenant whom sues the carpet cleaning company as they paid the fees/ contracted with the carpet cleaners.

There is a bit more to the story but that's the main gist of it, in order to keep as succinct as possible.

Any help much appreciated

I would think that it is the Carpet Cleaner that needs to be sued - as to who actually does the suing.. I don't know. I will try and find someone who can help.

• Confused 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have you spoken to the tenant about this

Have either you or the tenant spoken to the cleaning company ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi yes spoken to the tenant.

The tenant has moved quite far away now. I am waiting for the tenant to send the paperwork through for the CC company.

The C cleaning company are putting their head in the sand and want nothing to do with it. The Company claims to have liability insurance however their insurance company wont deal with me directly.

I have spoken to other cleaning companies who have confirmed that the job has been done badly.

Hi all,

my tenant upon moving out hired a carpet cleaner to clean the carpet.

The cleaner came a couple of days ago did their job and left, the carpets were still damp after 24hours and not to mention shrunk!

The letting agent still has the tenants £1800 deposit and the carpet to replace is around the same amount.

1. Is the tenant able to sue me if the deposit is not returned through small claims?

2. Can I sue the carpet cleaning company as I have suffered Loss/ Damages or does it have to be my tenant whom sues the carpet cleaning company as they paid the fees/ contracted with the carpet cleaners.

There is a bit more to the story but that's the main gist of it, in order to keep as succinct as possible.

Any help much appreciated

So how much has your carpet actually shrunk bye !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Hi yes spoken to the tenant.

The tenant has moved quite far away now. I am waiting for the tenant to send the paperwork through for the CC company.

The C cleaning company are putting their head in the sand and want nothing to do with it. The Company claims to have liability insurance however their insurance company wont deal with me directly.

I have spoken to other cleaning companies who have confirmed that the job has been done badly.

Have you spoken to your own Insurer ? They might be able to communicate with the Cleaning Company's Insurer.

BCOBS

The problem you may have is this.... All good carpet cleaners will have "treatment risk" cover as an extra on their liability insurance, if they have not, then they are not covered for the carpets that they are cleaning, only for damages to property other than the work being carried out.

A lot of the "cowboy" cleaners either do not have liability insurance at all, or just the basic insurance.

You as the carpet owner should issue a letter before action to the carpet cleaner for full replacement carpets. If he is a professional, he will instruct his insurance to deal with you, and you will be sorted. If not, then you may start to have problems, as if he is a cowboy cleaner, then he will close his business in the current name, plead poverty and you will really struggle to get any money at all.

What part of the country are you in? and can you name the carpet cleaning company?

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

Yes, you can name the Company :)

BCOBS

Hi

My initial thoughts are:

Your claim is against the tenant for the cost of the replacement carpet however, I would get a few quotes to find the cheapest so you cannot be accused of making a profit from the deposit.

The contract with the carpet cleaner is with the tenant and it should be they that contact them to arrange compensation for their losses to you. I think any court action should not be against you but the tenant and the carpet cleaners

• Confused 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Am in the south, am I allowed to name the carpet cleaning company on the forum?

Thanks for your post, sound advice this is spot on!

So can I ask you this

So how much has your carpet actually shrunk bye !

Thank you...

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Hi

My initial thoughts are:

Your claim is against the tenant for the cost of the replacement carpet however, I would get a few quotes to find the cheapest so you cannot be accused of making a profit from the deposit.

The contract with the carpet cleaner is with the tenant and it should be they that contact them to arrange compensation for their losses to you. I think any court action should not be against you but the tenant and the carpet cleaners

This is one of the scenarios I was imagining.

I suppose this would be easier in the long run as less bother dealing with the cleaning company

If you can do it that way round, you would be better off, and it would serve your tenant right for getting the cheapie carpet cleaner that they did.

The cleaners have not got treatment risk cover, so you would be very unlikely to get anything back. You could suggest to the tenants that they get a carpet fitter in, who would stretch the carpet back to the grippers, and that you want your property back in the same state as they got it.

They could also report them to check a trade as well.

They have over-wet the carpets, as they should be touch dry after 3-4 hours and fully dry after 8-12 hours.

• Confused 1

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

If you can do it that way round, you would be better off, and it would serve your tenant right for getting the cheapie carpet cleaner that they did.

The cleaners have not got treatment risk cover, so you would be very unlikely to get anything back. You could suggest to the tenants that they get a carpet fitter in, who would stretch the carpet back to the grippers, and that you want your property back in the same state as they got it.

They could also report them to check a trade as well.

They have over-wet the carpets, as they should be touch dry after 3-4 hours and fully dry after 8-12 hours.

Thanks for your advice Spot on again!

Many thanks

Regards

BB

As the tenant arranged this, it will be tenants responsibility to sort out with the carpet cleaners.

I presume the deposit is protected.

You need inform the scheme of the problem and how much you want to replace damaged carpet ( lees wear and tear from the original cost of the carpet; i.e. not cost of new carpet ).

The scheme should then release any amount not in dispute and this should be repaid to the tenant within 10 days of them leaving.

Yes the tenant can sue for the return of the deposit at any time, and you could counter sue for carpet.

• Confused 1
As the tenant arranged this, it will be tenants responsibility to sort out with the carpet cleaners.

I presume the deposit is protected.

You need inform the scheme of the problem and how much you want to replace damaged carpet ( lees wear and tear from the original cost of the carpet; i.e. not cost of new carpet ).

The scheme should then release any amount not in dispute and this should be repaid to the tenant within 10 days of them leaving.

Yes the tenant can sue for the return of the deposit at any time, and you could counter sue for carpet.

Spot on advice...

So why won't the OP answer this simple question , how much has this carpet shrunk bye !

I don't think I would be happy with that either - it looks ugly doesn't it :(

BCOBS

I can see gripper rods there, and yes it can quite easily be re-stretched to fit back on.... However.... that looks like poly prop carpet, which takes an awful lot to shrink.... If it was Belgian Wilton or sisal then I could understand it. But to shrink a polyprop and to get the rippling to stay up that long after the clean.... They must have put a heck of a lot of water down, and not extracted it back up.

photos specially for you 45002! Only joking, hehe hope this is helpful for all involved in the thread and thanks again for all the help and advice.

Regards

BB

Looks like you have NO evidence then !

Looks like you should discuss with tenant the option of rectifying the shrinkage by you getting a carpet fitter in before more expensive options of replacement.