How to beat All IPC windscreen parking tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well here we are folks,

things are currently changing and the solution on how to deal with IPC windscreen tickets is here.

Currently not needed for BPA windscreen tickets but the solution to the problem is here

and it is now time for everyone to embrace it.

No longer can the advice on any forum be to "wait for the NTK". This advice is a dead duck.

The Problem

The way IPC companies construct their signs (and the way in which the IPC operate their appeals process means

its night on impossible to beat them at the IPC bar the obvious slam dunk reason (which are few and far between).

Now VCS who have joined the IPC makes the issue worse and their windscreen tickets account for around 60% of their tickets issued.

The Law

legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted

“current address for service” means—

(a)in the case of the keeper, an address which is either—

(i)an address at which documents relating to civil proceedings could properly be served on the person concerned under Civil Procedure Rules; or

(ii)the keeper’s registered address (if there is one); or

(b)in the case of the driver, an address at which the driver for the time being resides or can conveniently be contacted;

The solution

A service address is the answer to the problems we currently have with the IPC.

This really is such a simple answer and making use of the law to our advantage whilst beating the parking companies at their own game.

They wanted this law so they most certainly have got it.

It just needs people on here to embrace it and actually see that's its a winner.

What do the BPA/IPC Parking companies think about this?

They all know it is happening and there is nothing they can do about it.

How do I know this?, It was pointed out by Devere after the court case yesterday that certain addresses are

"appearing all the time with people admitting to be the driver",

and the is nothing they can do about it because real addresses are being used,

and they CANNOT go to the DVLA as they no longer have reasonable cause to do so since they have been a perfectly serviceable address.

Devere stated that all these people can not possibly live at one address

and that "its not fair, or right is it" "it must be some kind of internet letter.

So writing about it on here is not a problem as they all know anyway.

How well thought through is this?

This has been looked into and tested over the last couple of months with a variety of operators and has been proven to work.

----------------------------------------

Happy to answer anyone's questions on this.

There is already starting to develop a network of service addresses in the UK.

Again if you want to know more about this then please contact me by PM.

Its important we move on from previous advice that whilst has been very good advice no longer works for the IPC

and the is no point in any one kidding themselves that it is going to work.

With VCS now part of the IPC (and others sure to follow) then this is only going to ramp up the number of tickets issued.

This scheme will also work with ANPR tickets where someone is naming a driver

and you would be surprised that quite high proportion of people who are registered keepers are NOT the driver.

Finally I am backing this scheme to work.

Should GPEOL become a dead duck in the near future then this is going to be an absolute bomb against companies such as UKCPS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another stupid idea doing the rounds.

Actually no not at all.

This is an extremely well thought out plan. Have a read here of the same thread

//forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=66653182&posted=1#post66653182

If you would like to discuss this with me personally then i would be more then happy to explain to you why it will work, instead of you just dismissing it out of hand.

Perhaps once explained why it will work and who is doing it then you may want to re think. If of course you have better suggestions for beating IPC tickets then please do share them and i will interested to learn what you have in mind.

I see no other solution currently on the table for beating IPC companies due to the fact GPEOL is a dead duck, the appeals process at the IPC is completely biased and we do not believe it be independent.

Nobody contact this PPC troll please.

Take advice from people who have some history on this site.

Have you actually read the post and understand the concept?

This is going to work. It is going to be how IPC members are beaten at their own game.

Ah, of course, it's on mse so must be right.

It is unlawful to not keep the DVLA updated with your present address, so you will be done for that as well. These things don't just go away because you have purposely given the wrong address in a attempt to evade lawful justice.

Ah, of course, it's on mse so must be right.

It is unlawful to not keep the DVLA updated with your present address, so you will be done for that as well. These things don't just go away because you have purposely given the wrong address in a attempt to evade lawful justice.

No what i am saying is for you to read the thread to see the context

No one is moving address. That part you dont seem to understand

What is being done is using POFA schedule 4 to beat the parking companies at their own game.

So Please why dont you suggest a way to beat say PCN (NW) at the IPC?

A service address is the answer

A service address is something registered at companies house so the wrong use of that term.

Taken in the context of what the intended use is, a service address is used instead of a private address for communication to a person. So you cannot get away with saying 'I didn't receive it'.

A service address is something registered at companies house so the wrong use of that term.

Taken in the context of what the intended use is, a service address is used instead of a private address for communication to a person. So you cannot get away with saying 'I didn't receive it'.

My bold there.

That is not the intention.

Let me put it a bit bluntly. And i know people on here might not like that this.

People use an appeals service. They communicate with the PPC giving a chosen address for the driver as per POFA "(b)in the case of the driver, an address at which the driver for the time being resides or can conveniently be contacted;

End of the matter in regards to any IPC ticket. Once the address is given to the Parking company they lose the right to search the DVLA as they have no reasonable.

Now this is not needed for any BPA company using POPLA because they are still very winable.

Now would you mind answering my question

How do you intend to beat IPC companies?, given the fact their appeals service is not independent and given the fact Gladstones like to sue people.

Enigma, your invitation to "speak with me personally" is not the CAG way - all advice/information is to be kept on the forum that way it can be seen to be open and honest.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You do not use the POFA as you want the driver to be named and a service address given?

Is that what you are saying?

Sorry if I wasnt clear enough earlier

You Use POFA Part 2 (b) to enable an address to be given that isnt the drivers (current address for service, but where he can be "conveniently be contacted".

Sorry if I wasnt clear enough earlier

You Use POFA Part 2 (b) to enable an address to be given that isnt the drivers (current address for service, but where he can be "conveniently be contacted".

So what have you achieved ???

The documents are still being served.

I've read this again and again.

Are you suggesting to disclose that the driver was not the registered keeper and give them an address that exist but nothing to do with the driver?

If so, I am no expert, but I can see this badly backfire

Are you suggesting to disclose that the driver was not the registered keeper and give them an address that exist but nothing to do with the driver?

Not forgetting a name is required as well as an address.

So what have you achieved ???

The documents are still being served.

Quite simply as was explained in the opening post the Parking companies are all aware various addresses are around the country are being used as "service addresses". They admit the is nothing they can about this.

Now Gladstones solicitors (IPC) encourage their members to sue and a lot of them do.

Its become evident over the last few months people CANNOT for the vast majority of cases win at the IPC due to the way the IPC appeals service works (the will always be exceptions)

So the fact that the parking companies have this address so to speak means they know they are wasting their time even thinking of about issuing a court. As one of them is in Belfast this strengthens the position even further. Given the charging model for IPC companies is different to the vast majority of BPA members this is why this will work.

I disagree, its currently being run and is working well.

The address that is given has to be one where the driver can be contactable. So anything that is sent there, has to be capable of reaching the driver if needed

The reason this has been put into action and is a viable and working option is that the is no other strategy for beating IPC companies which doesn't leave the user at the risk of a court claim

Of course I would love hear peoples thoughts on another strategy if they have one......

Sorry to bring it up, but since the regs changed, the reg owner can be given the ticket if the driver is unknown which if course he isn't. Everyone knows who they give permission to drive their car, they give them the keys to do so.

Sorry to bring it up, but since the regs changed, the reg owner can be given the ticket if the driver is unknown which if course he isn't. Everyone knows who they give permission to drive their car, they give them the keys to do so.

But the driver is known because the driver has been declared

I disagree, its currently being run and is working well.

The address that is given has to be one where the driver can be contactable. So anything that is sent there, has to be capable of reaching the driver if needed

So if the driver can be reached at this address, what's stopping ipc proceeding with the case?

I'm not following you.

The driver is identified, paper is sent to an address where the driver can receive it, where's the trick?

This is where i dont think you grasp this concept.

Yes the "regs changed". They bought in keeper liability hence POFA Schedule 4

The driver is declared using an address that is defined as per POFA. So they cant then contact the DVLA as they have no reasonable cause to do so.

We have discussed the service address isssue with the DVLA (Robert Toft) and they have agreed that as long as the driver can be contacted then an address which meets the requirements of POFA would remove the reasonable cause aspect

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks