style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I attended my local council office to discuss non payment of council tax over two years. I am currently paying £25 a month for this years tax but the sum of just under £1000 has a 'Liability order' against it. This is being collected by Pheonix Commerical Collections who have informed me tomorrow they will attending my property to seize goods.

During my visit to the council I asked them that as the debt is owed to themselves then I wish to pay them directly and not to PCC.

This was refused.

I then asked the council employee if I he would set up a payment plan as I wish to settle this debt.

This was refused.

Couple of points - The 'liability order' does not appear to be a valid as there is no court seal. I assume this document is a fraudulent device issued by either the council or an unlawful administrative hearing fraudulently pretending to be a court.

The communications issued by PCC, as well as the council - Do these not constitute a contravention of Section 40 of the administration of Justice act 1970 - paragraph 1. A person commits an offense if with the object of coercing another to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under a contract he *utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character, or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not.

I am concerned the correct process is not being followed and I did raise this with the employee.

Much as I am obliged to pay, they are obliged to accept payment or is it too late and I have to deal with PCC?

Edited by Alcyone

I don't think a council can refuse payment, so that was a bit daft. But if you have had notice of enforcement, which you have not dealt with, agreeing a repayment plan, you will be liable for the £75 compliance fee and £235 enforcement charge to the bailiffs.

You need to ensure that the PCC cannot take control over any goods. Make sure there is no cars parked on or near the driveway. Don't open the door or speak to them. Doors should be locked and not opened whatever the provocation.

There is nothing stopping you making payments online to the council and confirming this in writing to the council. They can see that you are making payments, which should stop them going back to Magistrates for further measures.

The liability order is a bulk document containing many debts and it is an admin type document. I am not sure it even stamped by a Magistrate. So no breach of any law.

If you pay the council direct, then it is not clear what would happen. There has been debate on here about it, as to whether the council would pass on money to the enforcement company. I am not sure there is a consistent approach. PCC will continue until the council tell them to stop.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

During my visit to the council I asked them that as the debt is owed to themselves then I wish to pay them directly and not to PCC.

This was refused.

Couple of points - The 'liability order' does not appear to be a vaild as there is no court seal. I assume this document is a fraudulent device issued by either the council or an unlawful administrative hearing fraudulently pretending to be a court.

[ATTACH]53576[/ATTACH]

The Liability Order does not require a court 'seal' and accordingly, would not be considered a 'fraudulent device' and the administrative hearing is not 'fraudulenty pretending to be a court either.

Couple of points - The 'liability order' does not appear to be a valid as there is no court seal. I assume this document is a fraudulent device issued by either the council or an unlawful administrative hearing fraudulently pretending to be a court.

You've obviously been reading or talking to a Freedom of the Land nutter. They are all perfectly legal. Ask whoever told you that to challenge it in the court if they believe otherwise.

Yours in a most important question which I would like to address. Would you mind posting back with details of where you may have obtained information that the liability order requires a 'court seal'.