Sacked on the spot, no reasons no notice no hearing *SETTLED*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned above, thre are servere restrictions on how the award a tribunal can make must be caluclated.

Ask for too much and the employer will more thanlikely face you at the tribunal.

3 things that need to be considered.

1) A rough estimate should be to estimate the top end award the tribunal would make IF you won

2) Estimate the costs of the defendent if it went to tribunal

3) The % chance of sucesss for either side.

IF it is a 50/50 or more against them and the costs are about the same value as the upper award then they *May* settle for a similar value

IF they have a majority % of winning they will prob settle for far less if at all

IF you demand more than 1 + 2 they will face you either way

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thanks very much. I know it's sour grapes but I'm really narked at how much the solicitors are getting for how little work they actually ended up doing lol. Ah well, I'd have had nothing if not for them so can't really moan I gues

Glad you got it sorted and without the solicitor you would not have got a penny sorry to be so blunt.

As a union rep myself, I was looking at your first post and agree that as you started in 2012 even given the new full time contract you should have been on as starting 2012 however, they could have ended your previous term of employment then started you on a new contract from 2014.

Terms and conditions, if you started there after this date or that date they could amend your terms of conditions, however to expect you to work over 40 hours at normal time when others were getting time and a half would seem discriminatory unless the contract stated after X amount of months any overtime would be paid at time and a quarter then time and a half.

As for the complaint they had about you they must be a great employer if you can do something when you are not even there that made me chuckle.

Anyway, hope they pay off gives you a good Xmas.

Regards Bill

All information given above is purely my own opinion. Some based on personal experience. Where backed up by case files I will make that known. However, until then please take all of what I say with a pinch of salt and accept it only as a reference. :madgrin::madgrin::madgrin:

No bill the contract didn't have any kind of timeframe for increasing the overtime. They just wanted me on a lesser contract and refused to even discuss it or even listen to my complaint in a formal setting which I think went some way to stitching up their case. To refuse to even acknowledge a legitimately formally raised grievance is out of order in anyone's book

The solicitors will have done many cases where they take it all the way to Tribunal, do lots of work, lose and then get paid nothing ... they win some and they lose some!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Well the lesson for everyone is no matter how many hours you do ( Join a Union ):lol:

All information given above is purely my own opinion. Some based on personal experience. Where backed up by case files I will make that known. However, until then please take all of what I say with a pinch of salt and accept it only as a reference. :madgrin::madgrin::madgrin:

Little bit of info that's come to light today. Apparently my former employer isn't the one paying me. Apparently the third part hr advisory service 'misadvised' my former employer to believe they could dismiss me legally. So my former employe has some sort of insurance to make them pay the settlement due to poor advise! That's quite amusing :)