CRA - there is more than they show us

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently found out after a SAR request to a DCA that at least Experian provide more information about credit applications than we can see on our reports !

There was info about Employment Status, Number of Dependants and Property Value

- none of this is shown on the credit reports

Anyone know how they get this info and why it isn't shown on a typical report ?

I recently found out after a SAR request to a DCA that at least Experian provide more information about credit applications than we can see on our reports !

There was info about Employment Status, Number of Dependants and Property Value

- none of this is shown on the credit reports

Anyone know how they get this info and why it isn't shown on a typical report ?

Have you queried this with Experian? I'm sure others would appreciate seeing the result.

Edited by Conniff

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I'd be interested in the answer to this too, I've just read the first line of my experian report again and it states 'Thank you for your recent application for a credit report. This includes all the information that we hold about you at the addresses shown on page 2 of your report.'

Well clearly not 'ALL' if what the OP has discovered is common practice.

I'd be interested in the answer to this too, I've just read the first line of my experian report again and it states 'Thank you for your recenapplication for a credit report. This includes all the information that we hold about you at the addresses shown on page 2 of your report.'

Well clearly not 'ALL' if what the OP has discovered is common practice.

All the data at the data subjects addresses does Not mean this will be same for every individual, it simply cannot be so.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi Catquest,

When you apply for a credit report you are making a limited access request,

the report will contain all the information that a lender may see when they run a credit check on you,

at the addresses you have supplied in your application.

This is what is considered your credit report.

However Experian as a company may hold other information which does not make up part of your credit report.

When you apply for a Data Subject Access request we will provide you with all of the information that we hold that relates to you.

This includes information from all parts of Experian and not just what makes up your credit report.

In this instance the information relating to employment, number of dependants and property value would have been provided in a past application for credit.

Experian would have then processed this application for the company concerned.

We collate and store this date as part of the fraud-prevention work we support lenders with.

The permission to store this data would have been provided as part of the terms and conditions of the application.

So although Experian holds this information, it is not part of your credit report

and will not be shared with other lenders when you make future applications.

I hope you find this information useful,

Kind regards

Experian Expert Neil

Hi Catquest, When you apply for a credit report you are making a limited access request, the report will contain all the information that a lender may see when they run a credit check on you, at the addresses you have supplied in your application. This is what is considered your credit report. However Experian as a company may hold other information which does not make up part of your credit report. When you apply for a Data Subject Access request we will provide you with all of the information that we hold that relates to you. This includes information from all parts of Experian and not just what makes up your credit report. In this instance the information relating to employment, number of dependants and property value would have been provided in a past application for credit. Experian would have then processed this application for the company concerned. We collate and store this date as part of the fraud-prevention work we support lenders with. The permission to store this data would have been provided as part of the terms and conditions of the application. So although Experian holds this information, it is not part of your credit report and will not be shared with other lenders when you make future applications. I hope you find this information useful, Kind regardsExperian Expert Neil

Thank you Neil!4

Does Experian charge the £10.00 statutory fee for the Subject Access Request?

The permission to store this data would have been provided as part of the terms and conditions of the application.

So how do they square this when it has been proved that NO agreement was ever signed ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

So how do they square this when it has been proved that NO agreement was ever signed ?

One then gets into the complexity of, if an credit facility of any type is opened in an individuals name and under their address, and the facility is used by said individual is not a contract existing between debtor and creditor, if not then has the debtor misappropriated funds to which he/she is not entitled to?

Someone has provided Name/Address/ age/DOB/ income data/employment status/etc., if not how was such a credit

facility opened by the creditor and used by the debtor made available?

Thus an operational credit account gets reported to credit reference agencies.

It's not a standard £10 actually, it is 'up to' but most private companies are greedy and love to rip people off.

A Statutory Maximum Fee.

In this instance the information relating to employment, number of dependants and property value would have been provided in a past application for credit.

But no one applies for credit from Experian, we apply at a bank and give THEM our personal and financial info, the bank uses the information we have given them then checks a persons credit report for identity and how credit worthy we are based on our past behaviour elsewhere.

I think Experian and others should be honest with their customers and update their literature about the extra information they hold about us, it doesnt matter that another lender cannot see this extra information - by the way let me guess who can see this extra info apart from Experian............Government departments maybe?

But no one applies for credit from Experian, we apply at a bank and give THEM our personal and financial info, the bank uses the information we have given them then checks a persons credit report for identity and how credit worthy we are based on our past behaviour elsewhere.

I think Experian and others should be honest with their customers and update their literature about the extra information they hold about us, it doesnt matter that another lender cannot see this extra information - by the way let me guess who can see this extra info apart from Experian............Government departments maybe?

The " extra" information is not I think anything to do with credit or credit applications, more to do with " public information" re property prices and sales etc.

Hi Catquest,

When you apply for a credit report you are making a limited access request,

the report will contain all the information that a lender may see when they run a credit check on you,

at the addresses you have supplied in your application.

This is what is considered your credit report.

However Experian as a company may hold other information which does not make up part of your credit report.

When you apply for a Data Subject Access request we will provide you with all of the information that we hold that relates to you.

This includes information from all parts of Experian and not just what makes up your credit report.

Experian would have then processed this application for the company concerned.

We collate and store this date as part of the fraud-prevention work we support lenders with.

So although Experian holds this information, it is not part of your credit report

and will not be shared with other lenders when you make future applications.

I hope you find this information useful,

Kind regards

Experian Expert Neil

Thank you Neil, but incorrect.

The sheet in my SAR request from a DCA related to a loan with a lender that had nothing to do with the DCA

Thank you Neil, but incorrect.

The sheet in my SAR request from a DCA related to a loan with a lender that had nothing to do with the DCA

Why was a SAR sent to a DCA it would have little or no data?

The DCA may well have had it's hands on such an account as did the rounds of the "industry"

As I've often said before, why should WE have to pay for the data they insist in storing on us. We didn't ask them to do this directly in the first place, it came about due to dubious campaining in the 70s about the amount of credit card debt somebody could open in one day.

Why was a SAR sent to a DCA it would have little or no data?

The DCA may well have had it's hands on such an account as did the rounds of the "industry"

It's a complicated story, but the DCA and their various subagents used a wrong address and I wanted to find out the root of the problem.

The loan was with my bank and had absolutely no involvement with the DCA

It's a complicated story, but the DCA and their various subagents used a wrong address and I wanted to find out the root of the problem.

The loan was with my bank and had absolutely no involvement with the DCA

Emm this could come from linked accounts that have been searched that have thrown up this loan an appears in their records with your name etc., so it comes up in a SAR.

Just a suggestion from many years use of CRAs.

You can send a SAR to a CRA you may well be surprised by what you find!!

• 3 weeks later...
One then gets into the complexity of, if an credit facility of any type is opened in an individuals name and under their address, and the facility is used by said individual is not a contract existing between debtor and creditor, if not then has the debtor misappropriated funds to which he/she is not entitled to?

Someone has provided Name/Address/ age/DOB/ income data/employment status/etc., if not how was such a credit

facility opened by the creditor and used by the debtor made available?

Thus an operational credit account gets reported to credit reference agencies.

Permission must be given for any data sharing. If there is no agreement there cannot be any permission to share.

It could also be argued that the items purchased were a gift from the credit provider and by paying them they have had unfair enrichment because there was no legal agreement in place.

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)