Catalogue Fraud

naive2345
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My flatmate,

who I didn't really know took out catalogues in my friends name.

I didn't find out until she moved out and I started seeing the mail.

I tried to find her but can't.

Problem is I tried to tell the catalogue who didn't believe it wasn't me who had done it and

therefore i panicked and decided to stay quiet and pay it hoping noone would be any the wiser,

well my friend contacted me today and said she's got a credit report

and because I'd decided to pay it when i moved i changed address.

It all points to me and I'm terrified.

I don't know this flatmate well,

didn't ask much about her and its bit me in the backside big time.

What should i do?

I am sure others will be along at some point to advise you, but could you just clarify something:-

Your flat mate opened a catalogue account in your friends name; and you started to pay it? At what point did this involve you and why did you start paying for it?

Thanks

A

It's way to easy to do this as it goes.

Pop online, sign up & away you go.

I don't get why you paid it though, as it was not your name on the account? So you would not of been chased for payment.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

I am sure others will be along at some point to advise you, but could you just clarify something:-

Your flat mate opened a catalogue account in your friends name; and you started to pay it? At what point did this involve you and why did you start paying for it?

Thanks

A

I paid it because the catalogue did not believe that i hadn't set up the fake account and

I worried I would be done for fraud as my flatmate was never registered at the address as it was temporary.

There is nothing to connect her to this and it was one of MY friends she chose to do it with.

My friend believes me but I don't know if that will do any good.

I paid it because the catalogue did not believe that i hadn't set up the fake account and

I worried I would be done for fraud as my flatmate was never registered at the address as it was temporary.

There is nothing to connect her to this and it was one of MY friends she chose to do it with.

My friend believes me but I don't know if that will do any good.

How did they get your name initially, if your flatmate set it up in your friends name?

Thanks

A

How did they get your name initially, if your flatmate set it up in your friends name?

Thanks

A

They didn't get my name. I was trying to clear it without involving my friend which was stupid!

Why would you even consider paying or even think you would be accused of fraud.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D