looking after grandson, but cant get benefits

cookie57

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have brought up my grandson for all of his life but

his mother has always refused to give us a letter saying he lives with us so she can claim his benefits,

she also uses our address as a care address even though i have told them she does not live here.

I have tried to apply for the benefits but always been refused as they have phoned her and she says he lives with her.

My husband is on ESA and I am disabled,

what can we do,

she has now given us a letter but she says i can not use it for benefits,

she will tell them I wrote it,HELP pls

quite honestly I'd report her

its benefit fraud

and someday it will comeback to bite her ..badly.

but I appreciate there are other issues involved in this.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If I'm understanding the facts correctly, she is committing fraud, as DX says.

There isn't a lot you can do except report her - she's shown that she's prepared to lie to the DWP and probably HMRC.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The question is :

Why are you allowing your daughter to rob you of at least £80.00 per week (CB + CTC)?

If it was not for you taking him in then your grandson would have been put into care and

some foster parents would have got upto £400 pw for looking after him. (Well the foster ads

I have seen quote that much).

We have looked after our grand-daughter since she was born and we got parental care

granted by the courts. This meant we automatically got the CB which also gave us the CTC

and now that I am working again we also get WTC.

I would be very careful as the fallout from her being caught out by benefit officers could

have a knock on effect in which you could be included due to your knowledge of her claims.

Be careful whatever you do.

its clear she wants non of the responsibility but all of the benefits which is wrong and i agree with the other posters on here that something need to be done about this i know its your daughter but the welaafe of your grandchild should come first

i feel for you i really do a friend of mine was in a similar situation a few years back her daughter did not want to look after her son so my friend took him in and cared for him but they did seek legal advice on this and they then went to court for a resdanance order and then got full custody of the child legally that might be something you want to look intoif you feel its right for your current situation

you can also get weekly allowance if you do this from your local council and social services but from experience these allowances need to be agreed before the resdanance order is granted by a judge my friend gets

weekly allowance of £110 for having the child + child benefit +child tax credits and also HB+CB she also get holiday and clothes grants too with a Christmas allowance for the child every yesar

i hope you get the situation sorted out x

Well the Social services kept the custody part quite from me and my wife when we took in our grand-daughter 15 years ago

and they made no mention of the "Allowance" we could have got if we had gone for full custody. In fact we were lead to

believe that we would be our grand-daughters legal guardians/ custodians from the moment the residency order had been granted.

Looks like another case of a government department not advising someone completely of what they should do and

what they would be entitled to if they were to do so.

Basically the Social Services have robbed My wife and I of about £60,000 over the last 15 years then and they have the

nerve to hit me with a £3200 overpayment....

So it looks like it's going to be a case of NEVER trusting any government department in any way ever again.......