• Tweets

• I have an interesting thought and one that I wondered if people had any advice.   I work within a Support Environment assisting customers with issues on their Telecoms based products. B2B.  Broadband, Phone Lines,  Mobile Apps. Help companies stay connected.    Yesterday I had a phone call with a customer, They had sent in a request to action next day by 4PM.  They called yesterday to reach me to query as they hadnt recieved an email confirming it would be done. We send emails saying "Thank you for getting in contact your case ref is xxxx" But nothing Human.    I answer the phone, check the case - Tell him its been allocated and will be dealt with by an engineer accordingly.  He asks for a timeframe and i explain that they will be completed accordingly by the time he has requested - 4PM.  Essentially the call isnt anything special - Just try to explain it will be dealt with.    Customer hangs up. Calls back instantly 10 mins later and asks the same question again in which we get a notification accordingly.  I pick it up and email to confirm if will be done.    The response - "I recieved a cold response and didnt feel very welcome over the phone.  "I am disappointed in the attitude from the call"   Yes we all get customers like that....    ----------------------------------------   Ill be honest - I am quite direct in my approach in life but its just a personality thing...  But the reason for the thread is this...    Is this a warning sign that I have run my course with the Telco Industry? Im consistently having these issues and it feels like my brain cant take much more of these people. Part of the reason these days that im miserable isnt because of COVID but because of people crushing my spirit and sense of humour... Should it be time i look for a new career path? Im early 30s. Is it too late?   FKO
    • Is the seller of the wheels a private seller or a commercial seller? It seems to me that the responsibility lies with the seller. How much are we talking about here in terms of wasted delivery fees?
    • I think that dealing with Amazon by written messages is going to be a frustrating business and almost impossible. They aren't used to this kind of thing at all and I think you will have a lot of difficulty managing to get your letters read by somebody in the right department with the right authority. I think it will be a very long winded business. I think you are going to have to concentrate on trying to talk with a reasonable customer services person and make sure that you get chat records or record your calls on everything. You will probably be promised that they will get back to you – but you will have to ask for a time for responding and then you will have to ensure that that happens. There is no reason for them not to come back to you within a couple of days. I think it's going to be a hard slog. You have a reasonable chance of suing Amazon successfully. You have a better chance of seeing Hermes successfully – but for less money. I would normally suggest writing in order to get a proper paper trail – but I think that dealing with Amazon is going to be a very different kind of matter. Concentrate on quick access to the customer services but making sure you keep records of any exchanges you have. I'm not sure that we have ever had anybody sue Amazon so far and from where I am, sitting in a spectator seat – nice and comfortably – it might be a very interesting experience. Of course you are at the coalface!
    • Proportional representation would be a start, but I can't see the Conservatives voting for that now they've redrawn the constituency boundaries to suit themselves. Turkeys, Christmas and all that.
    • Sorry to hear about your problem, it's horrible when people take advantage like that.   I don't want to add to your woes, but road tax is not transferrable to a new owner so when he said 'road tax is paid so I have not to worry', he was wrong. See here:   https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle   The last thing you need right now is another problem, so I'd either take the car off the road and make a SORN declaration or tax it as soon as possible. If you are planning on making life difficult for the seller then don't be surprised if he reports you for no tax!   I hope it all works out for you.
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Supplied by breakers yard with wrong fuel tank

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2210 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I bought a replacement fuel tank from a breakers via Parts Gateway. They clearly had the correct details of the car and supplied a tank, which I had fitted by my local garage. When we came to fuel the car up, we found the nozzle wouldn't fit in the filler neck, because it was obviously a petrol tank, which has a smaller nozzle than the diesel.

Where do I stand will this? Clearly I could claim the cost of the tank back, but it's on the car and I'll be getting a bill for 3 hours labour very shortly, which will be about £120, and I'll have to pay for more labour to take it off and send it back. Can I claim the labour costs off the breakers?

BTW, this has all come about because someone drilled the tank to steal the diesel, so it's not been a happy process from the outset :x

Drill the tank to steal diesel?!?!

Amateurs!

They could have disconnect the diesel line and then reconnect it so they could have come back every week for more.

Just kidding.

Imo

I don't think you will get the labour costs out of a breaker.

Good mechanics would have checked that the tank was the correct one before wasting 3 hours labour.