• Tweets

• Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
    • The retailer has come under fire for an advert showing motorcyclists wearing trainers and doing wheelies.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Everlasting Boilers Claimform - ***Claim Struck Out ***Now a 3rd and 4th Claim

leerob695
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No worries.... just give me a nudge nearer the defence due date (2/3 days before)

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries.... just give me a nudge nearer the defence due date (2/3 days before)

Andy

Hi Andy Appreciate the Help

My computer has gone Kaput and stopped working soi now have limited access to a real PC so to speak

Im back at work on Tuesday so I dont suppose there is and chance of some help with the Defence again so i can send it off and put my mind at rest ?

Really appreciate the help so far

Tomorrow Lee.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Defence

1. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.

3. The claimants claim is denied having previously issued the same claim twice already on the same named defendants, 26th Sept 2014 which they Discontinued on 31-10-2014 and on 28th April 2017 which was struck out by District Judge xxxxxxx on 3-Nov 2017 in the xxxxxxxxx county court, claim number xxxxxxxxx

3 . The claim was Struck Out on 3-Nov 2017 by the aforesaid District Judge. Therefore the claimant is precluded from reissuing the same claim pursuant to res judicata and therefore is barred from re-suing the same parties on the same cause of action.

4.For the court to allow a third claim which having been adjudged and struck out would amount to an abuse of process on the basis of issue estoppel and/or cause of action estoppel.The claimant is aware and has been provided with a further copy of judgment dated 3-Nov 2017 but has disregarded it and issued a further claim irrespective.

5. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.It is respectfully requested that the court dismiss this claim and award an adverse costs order in the defendants favour.

Ideally it shouldn't get to allocation stage if the court act appropriately

Received this in the post today

looks like its gone to allocation stage for some reason

Mentions If i believe that this track is not the appropiate track for the claim i must complete box c1 on the 180 Form and explain why

Im presuming that i just need put the defence in the box again ?

Any idea why as to where is says i have filed a defence it is crossed out?

What Now? :(

Did you not already do this before on the previous claims ? Standard practice...the claimant has informed the court they wish to proceed to allocation.

No you dont put your defence on the form.

The reason they have not included a copy of your defence is because your the defendant and already have a copy.......that is for the claimant on their copy.

No to mediation

yes to small claims track.

1 witness yourself (or 2 if its a joint claim)

State your local county court

The rest is self explanatory tick boxes which you have already done for your previous 2 claims...run 3 copies ...court claimants/ sol....file

Use the following to complete on your pC .....print 3 copies.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406099-LEGAL-N180-Directions-Questionnaire-(Small-Claims-Track)-**Correct-at-Sept-2016**

Andy

My apologies Andy

I was under the misunderstanding after reading your reply "It shouldnt get to the Allocation Stage" that it wouldnt go to this part

I presume the allocation stage is after i have filled in the N180 form in

thanks Again

Correct....I only implied it shouldn't...but then again this claimant isn't the norm....given that they spent more on litigation than the value of the boiler up to now:-)

No dont attach anything...they go with your witness statement

• 1 month later...

Afternoon all

After being transferred to Grimsby county court

I today have received a "Notice of preliminary Hearing" on the 8th of may

10 mins have been allowed for the hearing

No mention of any evidence to put together like last time

Should I take the notice of discontinuance from the first case and the strike out judgment from the second case with me?

Feels like going around in circles again now

Thanks in advance

It will be a case management conference...obviously the court are curious also....take all your files...previous claims ...NoD and strike out notices

• 3 weeks later...

Right thats me all set for tommorow

Ive got NOD strike out notice and the 2 previous claim forms and the letter that says that it was agreed to waiver the arrears at the last court case (Which it wasnt it was just struck out)

Anything else i need like all my previous evidence?

is there anything i need to say in relation to not allowing it to be took to court a third time or will the judge be annoyed if i bring it up?

just want this putting to bed finally

Hope you don't mind me cropping up with a little bit of advice about your file.

Judges hate to be confronted by litigants who have to take time to find things in their file. The typical scenario is "Hang on a minute it's here somewhere… No, maybe it's there… I'll find it in a minute… Blah blah". Especially with a 10 minute hearing, you just can't afford to look so disorganised and to take up the valuable time of the court and to give the appearance that you are a rank amateur (which you are of course!).

Have all your papers set out in a ring binder. In a logical order which you understand. The best thing is to have them in chronological order. Have lots of dividers with little tabs on. Have the whole thing indexed. This means that you do a spreadsheet and you identify every document you have. In the leftmost margin you put numbers one, two, three, and then each document is numbered as well. Write the number of the document at the bottom or the top right-hand corner so it is easily visible. So your index sheet would be several columns –

Number, date, description of document.

Description of document simply needs to be letter from X to Y, N OD, claim form, blah blah. Nice short descriptions.

Your index sheet should be seller taped onto the front of the ring binder and also a copy in the first page.

If you need a document then you should be able to find it easily by looking down your index sheet, identifying the document, seeing what number it is and then going immediately to that number document in the file. If you take the document out of the file then make sure you replace it at exactly the same place.

It is essential when dealing with documents in a court, that you have a file that you understand and that you can access any part of it quickly and easily without missing a beat. This is the way to do it.

If you haven't arranged your file like this then I suggest that you spend some time today doing that. You will be very pleased that you did.

So the way you prepare the file is that you assemble all the documents in chronological order. When they are in order – then you number each one. When they are all numbered, you then enter them into your spreadsheet. You then clip them all into your ring binder. If later on you need to introduce any more documents, then put them in the correct position in the file and call them 3a, 3b, 10a, 10b, etc.

If you do this, not only will you impress the judge, but you will feel more relaxed and more confident that you can deal with things which come up during the hearing. You should always use this system whether it is a pre-trial hearing or at the trial

... and to add - take everything.

People who don't take a document and then have to tell the court that they don't have that one because they didn't think they would need it, make themselves look really stupid.

Good luck today leerob

Regards

Andy

Just been in judge says it isn't abuse of process or come under res judicata

Because they have written all arrears off previous to the strike out case last time

And now have sent me a formal default notice

so the claim is different!

He has given them 14 days to file an amended POC

And I need to get another defence put together

Any help appreciated

What has writing the arrears off got to do with it...its the same claim ?

Why has he requested the claimant to submit an amended particulars of claim...so it does not look like the same particulars ?

The amount claimed will still be the same.

Oh and you cant issue a default notice after litigation..the agreement has ended.

Andy

I've no idea but he said because they have written the arrears off and now sent a default notice for 3 missed payments it makes it a new claim and he is allowing it

The amount claimed has been different on all 3 claims

Says it's a new claim even though it is the same boiler and the same ref they use on all

3 cases

I'm at a loss now

I will post up what he has given to both parties when I get home

This is what was given to me at the end of the session

To me it is still the same claim like the others as it uses the same ref number for them and mentions the same conditional sale agreement

It is the same claim......only one Everlasting Boiler claim and only one boiler involved...nothing has changed.

But the DJ has ordered they change the wording of the particulars...not sure how they can do that as the issues remain the same.

You simply revert back to a mix of your previous 2 defences......in theory they will either discontinue or it will be struck out...again...nothing has changed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks