• Tweets

• This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
    • Moved to the Private Parking forum.
    • Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
    • Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

N245 process and time scales ?

apc01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Delighted to be here. I have been involved with credit card and loan companies totalling about £80K, numerous DCA's etc for over a decade now and not been collected on yet, and will be happy to contribute here in future with my experiences etc.

I do have another situation for which I would appreciate advice.

Myself and my son jointly just got a CCJ against us for what the claimant claimed were fake goods but in fact were genuine - we were basically ripped off to the tune of a total of nearly £9K including expenses.

The judge ordered full payment in 14 days.

I have zero capital and a very meagre income of a few hundred pounds per month to live on - my daily food budget is just £1 for example.

My son has zero income and zero savings.

I am filing N245 forms for each of us offering a very minimal monthly payment for me - which I cannot afford, and zero for my son as he has no income.

Questions:

1. How long does the entire N245 process usually take?

2. Can the claimant pursue enforcement while the N245 are being processed?

I am assuming that the claimant will refuse my offer, it will go back to the court who will presumably set an affordable monthly payment which they claimant will probably reject and file for a redetermination.

If it is too much I would file for a redetermination.

My concern is that I am shortly going to be abroad for 2 months and not in a position to process any paperwork, although my son will receive it.

I am particularly concerned that the claimant might use an HCEO while I am away. The only asset of value is my car and that does not have much value, but I still need it.

Any insight in to time scales for this process to grind through the court system would be much appreciated so I am aware of what I am up against.

Thanks very much.

Hi apc and welcome to CAG

Questions:

"1. How long does the entire N245 process usually take? Depends on your local county court 3/4 weeks

2. Can the claimant pursue enforcement while the N245 are being processed? They could if they can execute it in time...but that would take longer than your N245 application if they did you can also use the N245 to stay execution

I am assuming that the claimant will refuse my offer, it will go back to the court who will presumably set an affordable monthly payment which they claimant will probably reject and file for a redetermination.Possible

If it is too much I would file for a redetermination.No you apply to vary N245 ...you cant re-determinate on a forthwith judgment

My concern is that I am shortly going to be abroad for 2 months and not in a position to process any paperwork, although my son will receive it.If the judgment is in joint names your Son can sign and process

I am particularly concerned that the claimant might use an HCEO while I am away. The only asset of value is my car and that does not have much value, but I still need it.Move it away from the home whilst away ...pref at a friends

Any insight in to time scales for this process to grind through the court system would be much appreciated so I am aware of what I am up against.

Thanks very much.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the excellent an most helpful replies - much appreciated.

One final question - will the court set an affordable monthly payment based exclusively on means to pay based on the submitted financial data on the N245, or could they refuse to set monthly payments based on the fact that it would take too long to pay back, e.g. 30 years?

Also - you mention it would take them too long to recruit a HCEO - how long does that process usually take considering that at the moment the case is in the county court.

Thanks again.

Edited by apc01

The court will initially present your proposal to the claimant for consideration....so try to make it realistic...they can accept or reject...the court then has the power to set it it from the information provided...if the claimant is still unhappy they can make redetermination...but its very rare.

If the payments set appear to be unrealistic and will take too long for the claimant to recover they have an option of securing the debt by way of a charging/restriction order placed on your property (if mortgaged) as security.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thanks Andy. On my income of the low hundreds of pounds per month, house bills to pay and a food budget of £1 per day, my latitude to be realistic is seriously limited - I cannot afford anything. I am showing actual priority expenses on the N245 but no luxuries such as clothing etc whatsoever. I hope whoever decides the monthly payments will appreciate my situation.

One final question - my son has zero income, zero assets and a negative bank balance. Should he offer zero or a nominal £1 per month?

As its a joint judgment (both names on the same judgment/number) then your application covers both of you...if his income is nil...put nil.

Thanks again Andy.

I am going to prepare the necessary forms to leave for my son to file while I am away in case the claimant enlists a HCEO in my absence.

Do I only need to file form N245 to suspend the warrant or should we file an N244 as well, or instead, for a hearing where we can present our payment case and delay proceedings further until I return?

I am offering more than £1 per month. It is my understanding that it is a court clerk that sets the payments based upon the guidelines they have.

Nevertheless, we obviously cannot pay a forthwith payment - hence the N245 we are filing now - and why I am asking Andy what forms - N245/N244 I need to leave for my son to halt the proceedings and get another opportunity for variation/redetermination should a forthwith payment be ordered and the claimant employs a HCEO.

Did you submit a defence the claim apc? Was the claim allocated out of Northampton to your local County Court? Or default judgement by Northampton?

I am offering more than £1 per month. It is my understanding that it is a court clerk that sets the payments based upon the guidelines they have.

Nevertheless, we obviously cannot pay a forthwith payment - hence the N245 we are filing now - and why I am asking Andy what forms - N245/N244 I need to leave for my son to halt the proceedings and get another opportunity for variation/redetermination should a forthwith payment be ordered and the claimant employs a HCEO.

Andy has said to relocate your car.

If you and your son have no assets then why worry about the HCEO?

How much are you going to offer?

Did you submit a defence the claim apc? Was the claim allocated out of Northampton to your local County Court? Or default judgement by Northampton?

Yes - we defended the action and it was elevated to the Fast Track for a full day open trial - which was interesting to say the least. We had an excellent defence with evidence, which I conducted myself, but the claimant had a barrister who was able to use all his experience and influence to get a ruling in the claimants favour with payment in 14 days - which is Monday.

So just submit the N245 today...you have already lost 2 days....you dont really know if (when) they will try to execute further ...maybe in 3 weeks...I have known some go 5 years 11 months.

Andy

The court returned the N245 on the basis that "the judgement has not been set down by the court". I assumed that when the judge handed down the judgement - we were at the hearing - the judgement would be entered on that date.

Does this mean that the 14 days starts ticking from the date we receive official notification in the post as opposed to the date of the judgement was handed down? If it starts from the day the judgement was handed down then we have no way of varying it within the 14 days while awaiting official postal notification.

Also they state that even though it is one case number, both defendants would need to file N245's with two separate payments. I am confused about this. There is one judgement and two defendants. Can just one defendant file an N245 to vary the payment order and if so is only one set of financial data required? I would have thought they would want to see the financial data and therefore means to pay of both joint defendants?

Thanks again Andy.

Yes wait until you actually receive the General Order or Judgment.As regards the two defendants sounds like a money making exercise...one claim number one judgment....but again wait until you receive notification....if the court has stated they want 2 then I suppose thats the format......never had to deal with joint defendants and variations.

Andy

Thanks Andy - I will phone the court and point out that there is only one judgement to vary. I assume I can attach the other financials on a separate sheet of paper.

Will also await the judgement in the post - it has been two weeks already - I assume the claimant cannot do anything until the judgement is official either, so all adds to delaying things :)

Thanks - I am sure you are correct.

Makes no sense though in that if there is just one judgement and one of the defendants applied to vary, it would surely apply to the whole judgement unless they divided it in to two.

Does the same apply for an N245 suspension of warrant if there are two defendants? Surely if one defendant applied to suspend a warrant it would be suspended for both unless it can only be suspended for one defendant and executed on the other.

There are in effect two judgments. It's a joint and several one against each Defendant.

The CCJ can be enforced against either one of you, or both.

What if the Defendant's were separate companies or two people that weren't father and son?

There are in effect two judgments. It's a joint and several one against each Defendant.

The CCJ can be enforced against either one of you, or both.

What if the Defendant's were separate companies or two people that weren't father and son?

Makes sense...so it has to be two of everything apc

It seems that way unfortunately.

Thank you both for all your help.

I am still waiting the notification of the judgement in the post. I am assuming our 14 days to pay or submit N245's begins from the date the official judgement entry and not when it was handed down 2 weeks ago, otherwise the claimant could try to enforce it and we cannot submit N245's to vary and stop it until it is entered and made official.

Nothing to stop you now ...you have a claim number/date

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the court returned our N245's stating they could not be processed as "the judgement had not yet been set down in court" whatever that means. Also we have not received any notification by post.

Re-submitted the N245 forms and because my son has zero income, he made an offer of zero per month as suggested earlier in the thread.

The court returned the form stating he MUST make an offer to pay otherwise he will be liable for the whole amount - which is ludicrous.

So does he make a nominal offer of £1 per month?

If its the only way to get the application accepted yes.How does he survive out of interest?