Gambling site will not pay winnings

veganite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

A friend who lives outside UK has been using a well known UK gambling site.

He has won a lot of money but the website says that as he is outside UK they have suspended his account and will not pay him the money.

So, website is quite happy to take all money from him when he is losing, but then use an excuse when he has won to avoid paying the money.

Any advice please?

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

hi,

Your question about EU may make it more complicated!

He is a non citizen, with a non citizen passport. Im not sure what country they were in when he won the money.

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

If not in EU then it is very difficult to take any action as jurisdiction would be challeneged, ie company may claim that gambling in the country they live in is regulated differently or forbidden so cannot benefit from an illegal act!

Unfortunately they will have MAC address of computer so they will know where he was as the time but not necessarily the same as domicile.

Even if you tried to play the Uk lottery from a broad thru your own account on line they refuse to accept your numbers I found that out whilst in the far east and tried to play on line., all to do with th IP address you are using/money laundering regs?

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: