Virgin Mobile Issues

MrJohnW
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Bit of an issue my Neighbour is having.

He is old, registered disabled and quite trusting,

when the man from Virgin who called at his home unannounced offered him a good deal to change his mobile over,

he took it(he did feel a bit pressured, but as I wasn't there I can't say how pushy he was).

Virgin caused him nothing but problems,

he wrote to them telling them enough was enough,

he was cancelling the direct debit,

cancelling the contract as they were not providing him with the service he expects,

and to collect the phone.

He has since written to them twice more and all his letters have gone unaswered(we have printed screenshots and original receipts from the recorded deliverys).

They sent him standard "you havent paid, contact us to discuss it" letters, but no responses to his actual letters.

Now they have cancelled the contract and passed about £500 onto a DCA.

Advice please!

send the DCA a copy of the cancellation letter

stating the account is in serious despute.

write to the CEO of virmin

asking what the hell is going on.

DCA's are not bailiffs

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Virgin media will charge you what the want and if you don't pay they'll send the heavies in.

In my experience they will not consider any appeal and should be avoided at all costs.

Strangely enough, other mobile providers can set a cap on your spending, but not Virgin (at least up to 2010/2011 when I was conned by them)

Good luck

• 1 month later...

I have sent the following letter and email -

Dear Mr Mockridge,

I write to you in relation to the account of -

R

I was wondering if you would like to discuss the treatment of an infirm and disabled gentlemen by your company with myself before we involve other parties, like the local newspaper and the communications ombusdman.

In particular the issues I would like to discuss with you are -

Unsolicited doorstep salesman pressuring him into contracts in his own home.

Ignoring multiple letters of complaint(all of which were sent by recorded delivery).

Sending the account to a DCA while it is in dispute, and the threats they have issued.

The severe impact the entire saga has had on both his physical and mental wellbeing.

I will follow this email up with a letter in the next seven days. If we have not heard from you within 14 days of receipt of the letter I will take matters further.

Yours

On Behalf of R

I have sent the following letter and email -

Dear Mr Mockridge,

I write to you in relation to the account of -

R

I was wondering if you would like to discuss the treatment of an infirm and disabled gentlemen by your company with myself before we involve other parties, like the local newspaper and the communications ombusdman.

In particular the issues I would like to discuss with you are -

Unsolicited doorstep salesman pressuring him into contracts in his own home.

Ignoring multiple letters of complaint(all of which were sent by recorded delivery).

Sending the account to a DCA while it is in dispute, and the threats they have issued.

The severe impact the entire saga has had on both his physical and mental wellbeing.

I will follow this email up with a letter in the next seven days. If we have not heard from you within 14 days of receipt of the letter I will take matters further.

Yours

On Behalf of R

Unless you have a formal agreement with Virgin to handle the affairs of 'R' on their behalf, Virgin will be in breach of the DPA if they respond in any other way apart from a 'No'.

You should draft the letters and get 'R' to sign them.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

• 2 weeks later...

I received a high VM bill in January of £183.00 - I called to question this and was met with a real patronising lady by the name of Julia Waite. I escalated this - all I wanted to do was to spread the bill as it was unexpected. I was not challenging the fact I had gone over my limit at all. Eventually I get a letter saying that I now owed £351 and if I was having problems to contact them....I received a call from a Matthew Kemp who was fine on the phone and suggested that if I paid £100 he would see what he could do to help. I agreed I would do this to show willing the following week. Before I could do anything my bill then became £651.00!!! I immediately refused to pay this and contacted CISAS. Of course CISAS sided with VM but missed the point completely - I never once said the initial bill was wrong!? I now have until the 24th Dec to reject or accept the CISAS decision - what do you folks suggest?

Thanks

Kentoot

I received a high VM bill in January of £183.00 - I called to question this and was met with a real patronising lady by the name of Julia Waite. I escalated this - all I wanted to do was to spread the bill as it was unexpected. I was not challenging the fact I had gone over my limit at all. Eventually I get a letter saying that I now owed £351 and if I was having problems to contact them....I received a call from a Matthew Kemp who was fine on the phone and suggested that if I paid £100 he would see what he could do to help. I agreed I would do this to show willing the following week. Before I could do anything my bill then became £651.00!!! I immediately refused to pay this and contacted CISAS. Of course CISAS sided with VM but missed the point completely - I never once said the initial bill was wrong!? I now have until the 24th Dec to reject or accept the CISAS decision - what do you folks suggest?

Thanks

Kentoot

please start a new thread

of your own

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...