style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Complain to Saga, as they are totally responsible for the claim you are making. It is Saga who are controlling the money side of the claim. Davies will try to achieve the cheapest way to deal with the claim, even if the policyholder is not happy. If you create enough of a sh*t storm with Saga, they will speak to Davies and get them to negotiate a way forward for you, that you may be happier with.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thankyou HB, I am not used to forums or computers...lol

Thankyou for your repy UncleB... I will try to cut a long storey down..

My mum has house insurance with Saga.. so on discovering a saturated kitchen wall she called to start a claim back in January 2014.

There loss adjusters are Davies Group.. they came and outcome was rain water getting in through old chimney outlet on kitchen roof. not covered on insurance.. as wear and tear so my mum paid to have the area sealed with slate and cemented over.

then the drying out process started.. no electrical testing was carried out.. even though one of the plug sockets being used was wet.

after was dry.. electrical were tested and found unsafe and my mum needed a rcd? fitted for kitchen plug sockets. this was done.(after all been used??) meanwhile contractors had left the floor that had been stripped up with sharp metal tacks coming out of boards..

progress and communication was getting unbearably slow. I wanted to help my mum as she was going in for knee replacement in August and her kitchen still unfinished and in my opinion unsafe.

I called saga to complain and they then sent out another loss adjuster from Davies Group. Her conclusion were that the wall was 100% saturated again!

she wanted a track trace water search carried out but heard nothing.. then next we heard was that she had left and now have yet another LA from Davies. I managed to speak to her and she couldn't believe a trace for water hadn't been carried out.

My mum had her operation but was unsafe to go home because of the floor .. no suitable alternative accommodation was found so my mum stayed with family for a while and then her neighbours who were away... otherwise she wouldn't of had anywhere to go!

Davies are willing to pay £10 a day for the accommodation sorted out by my mum herself.!

Its now been 6 weeks that the walls were found wet again! My mums neighbours are back on Saturday so my mum wants to go home. The loss adjuster has agreed to put ply wood down on the floor to make it safe.. but has come to a conclusion about the walls being wet again...(from a report he had after sending a roofer to look ) the work my mum had done on the chimney to seal it up wasn't good and had caused the leak again..

they are not going to carry out any drying until my mum has put right the fault. .But the guy who did it in the first place had said it was dry inside so he highly doubted that's were the leak was plus although the cement had cracks he had put slate underneath so no water could get through....

My poor Mum who is trying to recover after a knee replacement and deal with being a widower cannot hack much more... I want to know what i can do to help get this mess sorted.. Mum has complained to Saga but they just offer £200 compensation.... she doesn't want money.. just her kitchen back in one piece.

A member on here Richard Withey had old posts about the loss adjusters not being good and that the policy holder could insist on having new ones take over.. is this still the case ? Really don't know what to do next .. any advice greatly appreciated.. thanks:)

Edited by honeybee13
Font size, debolding.

Sorry no miracle cures here. Your Mum is going to have to sort this out herself with your help. Insurance does not cover maintenance issues and I have a feeling that a leak is occuring elsewhere than where the fix was done. It can be quite amazing how water travels. A relative of mine had a small water leak travel from one side of her house to the other. If your Mum lives in a terraced or semi, it is quite possible that the neighbour has a roofing or plumbing problem and water is travelling across.

Make sure all the internal plumbing in your house and the neighbours is watertight. This includes looking under shower trays, under baths and in the loft space. Checking pipes in upstairs toilets etc. Once you have ruled out it is not an internal leak, it is then worth checking the whole of the roof area and guttering. You will need a qualified roofer to do this.

Once you have worked out the likely cause, you can take steps to stop the leak. Davies group/Saga will then take necessary steps to repair the damage.

The £10 per day is for basic provision while she is staying with friends/relatives. This is pretty standard.

I don't think what you are experiencing with Davies/Saga is that unusual unfortunately. Try to do as much as you can yourself and seek the help from Saga to too see what they can do. Davies/Saga will not do the full repairs, until you made the property watertight. To do so would be a waste of money, as the damage will just happen again.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

i understand maintenance is not covered under insurance but when they came out the first time the cause was identified as the uncovered old chimney area in lower roof of kitchen.

now they saying its that again... ok so if my mum has it re done and 2/3 months time shes in the same boat.. walls wet again..whos fault is it? she has a water trace in her policy.. but obviously to expensive for them to authorise it??

You have a water leak, but don’t know where it’s coming from – we cover the cost of trace and access, up to £5,000

this is in my mums policy.. so should she insist on having it done if she does not believe its what Davies are saying?

i understand maintenance is not covered under insurance but when they came out the first time the cause was identified as the uncovered old chimney area in lower roof of kitchen.

now they saying its that again... ok so if my mum has it re done and 2/3 months time shes in the same boat.. walls wet again..whos fault is it? she has a water trace in her policy.. but obviously to expensive for them to authorise it??

If there is cover under the Saga policy and they are not providing it, your Mum must complain to Saga.

I can understand that it is difficult, but I think you may find that it is going to be better for your Mum, if someone takes control of this for her. As I doubt this will be Davies/Saga, you or your siblings/friends/relatives might have to help out. Checking for leaks yourself. Getting a roofer out to do an inspection. If you rely on Davies/Saga you might be waiting for quite awhile.

I can see that Davies Group are viewing this thread currently and perhaps they can help resolve this situation.

leaks in all the places we can get to have been checked, and a separate roofer has said its not what Davies are saying it is.

Well if Davies Group are reading this thread then perhaps they can explain how.. when an urgent track and trace was asked for by a loss adjuster why was that said person then taken off the claim and new loss adjuster appointed with no intention of doing a track and trace!!

am I correct in saying that there is no contractual relationship with the loss adjuster and the policy holder?

the loss adjusters can get it wrong but not face any responsibility?

complaint after complaint has been emailed to saga.. no response.. do i try the underwriters acromas ltd?

I think you will find that Saga no longer actually administer the Insurance. They use a company to do it for them. You may want to contact Saga head office and advise them of the problems you have had.

Head Office number for Saga is 01303 77111. Ask for executive complaints.

Think Davies Group had a look and cannot be bothered with a response yet. Suggest that Saga Insurance providers look to change their Los Adjusters, when the contract is up for renewal.

Don't think they are, but of course the Insurers are.

Davies have a complaints process.

http://www.davies-group.com/complaints.htm

Thankyou UB:)

So if we go along with their decision on the cause of saturated wall...even though we have had a professional surveyor and roofer say its not the cause.. are the oss adjusters liable for getting it wrong?

Thankyou UB:)

So if we go along with their decision on the cause of saturated wall...even though we have had a professional surveyor and roofer say its not the cause.. are the oss adjusters liable for getting it wrong?

Present the information and tell them that their loss adjuster has made a mistake with their assessment.

Adjusters have a professional body, but no regulation, but they don't need it as they are employed by insurers, who are heavily regulated.

All the below is for you to think about, it's not a comment about you being right/wrong.

The issue may be caused by the adjuster, but they were appointed under the control of the underwriter. You can concentrate all your efforts on You vs Davies, but you have to understand the nature of their business is that they will get things wrong. Being wrong isn't neccesarily being negligent as long as the diagnosis was in their professional judgement.

You need to convince Davies, underwriters, or the FOS that Davies got it wrong and got it so wrong that it has either made the damage worse, or has cost you something you didn't need to do. It could be that the adjuster pointed out what they thought was the probable cause of damage, was the chimney stack damaged(sorry if that's out I've not got the full thread in front of me), and that you would have had to pay for that part of your home to be repaired regardless if this is the case? if so the you may have no case of complaint.

After that, have a think, are you concentration the complaint at the right people, the appointed agents, or the people who you've paid for cover and their appointment/allowance of the agents who were appointed ? Would they be in agreement with your opinion?

As I said just some thoughts, they may be covered here already.

• 3 weeks later...

Appoint your own loss assesors when dealing with Davies as they are B'stards

they tried to rubbish a valid claim of mine, then I appointed these guys, they charge nothing if you use their contractors, so dont let Davies Bully you as long as you have a valid claim, and its accepted by [name edited] or any of the other assessors they will fight for your claim to be paid.

DAVIES GROUP IS USED BY USELESS INSURANCE COMPANIES - TO DETERMINE YOUR CLAIM IS NOT VALID - DON'T TAKE YOUR COMPLAINT TO OMBUDSMAN FIGHT IT NOW WITH YOUR OWN LOSS ASSESSOR AS i DID, THE OMBUDSMAN IS ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH AND ALWAYS IN MY CASE FINDS IN THE OTHER SIDES FAVOUR!! BE WARNED ALL..

Edited by honeybee13