Skrill (Moneybookers) Debt - Please Help

messedaround
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Please can somebody advise me. I just received this email relating to my Skrill account:

Dear xxx

We are contacting you with regards to your Skrill account and we would like to inform you that it is currently on negative balance. The deposits you have made have been cancelled by you or your bank and this is why we never received the money.

Stopping the aforesaid bank transfer led to losses on our end, which left your Skrill account on negative balance. Therefore, we kindly ask you to deposit the amount of xxx GBP to your Skrill account by 10.10.

For uploading funds to your Skrill account, please refer to the Upload funds section or you can use the following bank details:

Account holder: Skrill Ltd.

Bank: xxx

Account number: xxx

Sort/Bank Code: xxx

Account currency: GBP

Please do not forget to put your Customer ID xxx in the reference field.

In case that you do not deposit the requested amount within the above specified deadline, we will be forced to take the case further and initiate a legal procedure against you.

Awaiting your soonest response.

Kind regards,

Skrill Help Team

The amount is around 2k.

I have a whole range of issues with this...

1. I paid these via instant bank transfer (Sofort Banking). I had no idea this could be reversed? I use Skrill as I do not like leaving money in my current account.

2. I have contacted my bank (Nationwide) who cannot see how this happened and say the reversals were a system error.

3. I have not currently got this amount to repay. I have some but not near all. My fault entirely, I thought I had a fair bit more than I should in my account, but used it on other debt etc as I thought these payments were done as they always were previously.

4. How do I respond?

5. What will likely happen to me?

Really worried.. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

I think all you can do is to explain the situation to them and to ensure that you repay whatever is required as soon as you can. I have never heard of these people so don't understand who they are or what they do.

Is it a great deal of money ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think all you can do is to explain the situation to them and to ensure that you repay whatever is required as soon as you can. I have never heard of these people so don't understand who they are or what they do.

Is it a great deal of money ?

They are a bit like paypal - provide a similar service...

Its 2k :(

Oh right. If they have paid out monies on your behalf, then there will likely be charges + interest. IMHO, you need to sort out an arrangement to repay as soon as you can - I guess they could cancel your account with them.. I really don't know what else to suggest.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

They could issue a county court claim against you. But they need to follow pre action protocol first. A couple of letters demanding that you repay the full amount, consideration of a sensible repayment plan. Get in touch with them - provide them with a repayment schedule - if they refuse, then until they make their next move. Little point in speculating or stressing until they refuse an offer to repay.

I imagine they will very likely cancel your account with them.

BCOBS

messedaround I had same problem happen 2 months ago. Amount only around £200. It seems when making the direct transfers the transaction has bumped and been credited back to bank account from Skrill. So when you did those transfers they were never taken from your account.

What you should do is phone them asap maybe as it is very large amount. I have not heard from them since my email 2 months ago. But email was same as yours.

If you say there has not been answer back from them. Then try send them secure message when you are logged into your skrill account. Also you can find phone number for them there. I got through to them quick last year when I had a different problem.

Good luck and let us know.

• 11 months later...

Does it say WILL take you to court, or "May"

Who si the DCA?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Just so you know, a DCA cannot take you to court for a debt THEY DO NOT OWE

They also cannot break in and take your things, they are not bailiffs and do not have those powers.

No phone communication with them either, on this issue you will communicate only in writing, and keep proof of postage with a copy at all times.

Please can you scan in a copy of the letter and remove all personal details and barcodes and anything that would identify you.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Please see attached letters.

I am so annoyed with all this. I have made three official complaints to Skrill via their official complaints system, and they have failed to acknowledge any of them. I last sent them one on 18 September, and they have just marked it as 'closed' in the queries section of my account and deleted it! I offered them £100 a month towards it four times now with a request for what exactly happened and they just never respond at all.

I still cannot understand how between them and my bank they managed to reverse 2k in unreversible bank transfers..

The DCA is called Moreton Smith? I can offer them the same, but I am just so wound up right now.. Also the DCA has put the debt amount in euros..

OK they have been appointed - Means they do not own the debt. They cannot take you to court. Only the owners of the debt can.

It also say *MAY* not *WILL*

As Dx would say, its "Willy Waving"

Ignore.

If you have written complaints to the company then I hope you have proof of delivery and copies. *IF* the original company decide to issue a court case you will have a papertrail

As for this DCA, Never heard of them. Ignore, tuck their letters somewhere safe.

Also you may want to check your credit file.

The DCA have no authority to mark it, if they have you would have grounds for Complaint. Only Shrill can mark it until they sell the debt onto another party.

Also noticed your complaints have been through their system.

Maybe you need to write a letter of complaint and start at the beginning to Shrills CEO, send recorded delivery and keep proof of postage and receipt.

Also if you receive a N1 CLAIM FORM, come back immediately for advice.

• Haha 1