BankFodder BankFodder

Murfe

Former business partner company director seeking payments

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1944 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Everyone ,

This site helped me massively before and Thank everyone here .

Recently I set up a Ltd company with a colleague from my old employment.

He had the funds and I had the contacts and he spent about 2 K the company failed.

I resigned last week well was partly forced to as he wanted money.

Basically he was not committed to it threw some money in and went on holiday .

Came back when it was not looking good he just continually give out negatives and every time I thought I ad a chance he would shoot it down. The issue is this.

When we set up the business he purchased 2 laptops indicated he had about 10K in savings and would do everything possible to make it work.

He paid the set up fee about £75 also the accountant and some business cards and some other expenses.

I did purchases too paying for website etc and probably spent a similar amount overall.

When he purchased the laptops I agreed we would pay him back for these as the business generated an income.

Last week before I resigned he was asking me to pay him some of the company costs and the laptop and he would have the business approx. £600. Then he said if I would take the business off him ( we were both 50% directors) he would accept £2K .

He knew when we started the business I had only enough funds for living expenses for approx 2 months as a result I resigned from the company.

Then he has emailed me stating I said I would pay for the laptop in May and he is giving me 45 days . I do not have the funds to pay him and offered to return the laptop . He is emailing from his personal email and states he rejected the offer as the laptop is now 4 months old and he will extend to 60 days time to pay.

We also had agreed we would be employed by the business but as no income of course we have not been paid . I am now on benefits and do not have the means to pay him .

The letters are structured to try to paint a picture that is inaccurate and is designed to get at me as I resigned the business and he cannot operate without my contacts.

Some of the emails came from his business email as a director then the last 2 emails from his personal email and without the older emails attached as they showed he was seeking personal payment for a limited company expenses.

Any advice on what to do next would be great.

Hi, is there a written agreement regarding the payments for a laptop or any other property purchased by or on behalf of the limited company?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hello Murf

Is the company insolvent or will it be?

Do you owe any other persons/parties money at the time you resigned?