topmage

Overseas debt two account but same bank one in france(debt) & one in uk

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1871 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Dear All,

my situation is that back in 2011 I went back to Singapore in a rush that I couldn't close my account at HSBC France

I was using during my studies and a debt of about 800euros and more is due now I dont even know exactely how much.

Now I will be studying in the UK

I want to open an account at HSBC UK in London.

When I will open a bank account at HSBC UK will they know I have an account at HSBC France and will they know that I have a debt ?

If they know that I have a debt at HSBC France will they collect it from my HSBC UK bank account ?

will it be automatic or can I fix a date chosen by me to pay it back ?

If HSBC France will collect the money from HSBC UK

do you recommend to open at other banks in the UK then ?

Thanks a lot.

I don't think they can off sett no.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Why take the risk? Banks operating multi-nationally do sometimes trace and chase via their affiliates and I have known it to happen with HSBC.

Unless you have a compelling preference for them, you should choose another. Just don't let them know that you may not repay any debt if you leave in a hurry.