***Vauxhall Recall: Warning Over Corsa Steering ***

rebel11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Vauxhall has warned owners of around 3,000 vehicles to stop driving them until they have been inspected because of a steering problem.

The UK carmaker said those affected are Adam and Corsa/Corsavan models registered since May 2014, which had been manufactured with a steering system part "that did not meet specification".

The discovery was made during a routine quality control exercise at two of the firm's manufacturing plants - one in Germany and one in Spain.

The company said it was not aware of any accident or injury related to the issue.

Vauxhall said: "As a precaution, these vehicles should not be driven prior to inspection.

"Vauxhall puts the safety and convenience of its customers first and as this condition concerns their safety, the company is taking immediate action."

The firm said customers could check on their website from today, whether their vehicle was affected, and that it would also contact buyers directly.

It added: "Alternatively customers can call the Vauxhall customer assistance centre for advice on 0800 026 0034 between 9am and 5.30pm."

http://news.sky.com/story/1343012/vauxhall-recall-warning-over-corsa-steering

Careful when you take the car for a recall to a now Vauxhall garage.

Few years ago I took my then Astra for a recall and I ended up having to redo tracking because for some reasons they messed it up very badly.

At first they were all to happy to say that they could do the tracking themselves for a cheap £148.

I told them they had to do it free because they messed it up (car dangerously steering to the right).

They denied any liability and I had to fork £40 for tracking.

The garage who did the tracking found that they also failed to tighten three bolts of the recalled subframe (which made the driving unstable) and for some reasons they had played about with the tracking rods twisting the rubber covers out of shape.

These are serious words.

As a precaution, these vehicles should not be driven prior to inspection.

I have not seen them used before for a car recall.

I presume Vauxhall will be picking up the tab for hire cars and a transport lorry to get your undriveable Corsa to the dealer?