Do I have to give DCA my employers adress

carriesue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just pay them what you want to and tell them that's is what they are going to get even a £1. per month if you are strapped?

but give actual details on here who DCA for what? when taken out? amount alledged ?CCA1974 for what was it signed etc do not pay a DCA if there can be a dispute, without proper info the peeps cannot advise on your situation, some so called DCAs fleece people due to their lack of knowledge. they threaten all sorts but have no powers?

Personal information only a court can order details!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I agree. Tell them you have worked out what you can afford. If you send in a budget form they will criticize what your spending and will next be asking for copies of bills and wage slips. They have no legal right to any of this information and providing employee details is a big no no.

In fact I wouldn't be paying them anything yet. Provide more details of the debt so you can receive more in depth advice from the good people on CAG.

What type of debt is this, when was it taken out, whose the creditor?

just pay them what you want to and tell them that's is what they are going to get even a £1. per month if you are strapped?

but give actual details on here who DCA for what? when taken out? amount alledged ?CCA1974 for what was it signed etc do not pay a DCA if there can be a dispute, without proper info the peeps cannot advise on your situation, some so called DCAs fleece people due to their lack of knowledge. they threaten all sorts but have no powers?

Personal information only a court can order details!

It seems a bit daft to send the I&E form out after accepting the token payments.

No, you do not have to provide them with your employment details.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Send the budget summary and offer of payment. leave it at that.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

whats the debt all about

have you sent these fleecers a CCA request?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DCA are not allowed to contact work if they do report them ... anyway as said best thing to do is just send them your I.E with relevant info but NO bank satements or the like ...IF THE DONT ACCEPT TRY A FREE DMP cOMPANY TO HELP YOU ...MEANWHILE SEND THEM WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD ...as said have you done the CCA1974 cos they wont like that if you do .

If you gave them your employers information as contact info, then yes they can call. But they MUST stop as and when you tell them to stop. No if's, ands or buts from them.

My advice would be to send them a basic budget summary along with your offer of payment. That is providing of course that they have fulfilled a CCA request before. Even if they have done that, you should check the legitimacy of the debt, as well as reclaiming any penalty charges and insurances before you even consider paying them.

Also, to the OP, you still havent answered the questions posed in posts #2 and #6.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D