Car damaged Help Please

shuggler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Final update, got the car back on Thursday 23rd looks ok at the moment so fingers crossed they have finally got it right, now that its done i will not be going back there in a hurry so much for a Toyota main dealership, just in case anyone is thinking of going there, the garage is the Arnold Clark Toyota garage at Bishopbriggs near Glasgow.

You have been warned:sad:

Yes Ford got the new tyre free of cost as their service manager wanted to SELL me a budget tyre??? that's when I started to put a bit of pressure on, spoke to the general manager told him if i didn't get the new tyre same type and make as fitted to the car, and the new sills fitted, and a courtesy car I would be taking it further, seemed to work as they complied.

But no other form of compensation was offered, but thanks to you guys for the advice given etc, and hope this goes to help others in the same position, keep pushing until you get what you want

Final update, got the car back on Thursday 23rd looks ok at the moment so fingers crossed they have finally got it right, now that its done i will not be going back there in a hurry so much for a Toyota main dealership, just in case anyone is thinking of going there, the garage is the Arnold Clark Toyota garage at Bishopbriggs near Glasgow.

You have been warned:sad:

Wish you had posted under Arnold Clark---maybe admin will move it?? Shark is not, and never has been a tyre expert, but I understand they bought over McConnechy's Tyres. They have already lost the Honda franchise, so maybe you should consider writing Toyota with your story!!!!!

I'm wetting myself when I read about the "Better Garage Scheme"---that's about as funny as learning that they have an "Academy".

May be an idea to write to Toyota Scaniaman, been thinking about the 5 year warranty as the car is only 1 year old, how does that stand with the paint work etc as they are Toyota approved should be ok, But does that include new parts fitted?? Sorry did not know there was an Arnold clark bit to post. Pity you cant post a picture of the damage caused by them, and there new garage scheme SAfE HANDS my ar##

• 1 month later...

shld be ok as are toyota approved

for general ref, if going for a repair re a bodge job, and car is still under manufacturer warranty, ensure any repair by the culprits wld satisfy (ie not void) the warranty. otherwise, they wld have to send it to an approved for repair.

Went back to Arnold Clark today to collect my car, they had put two brand new sills on, and put the new tyre in the boot as requested, they had even done a full valet on the car, all looking good, the colour match looks ok, not seen it in good light yet.

But when I opened the doors to check the inside it has a 2 inch scrape on one of the new sills they just fitted, (may have been caused with a screw driver) so now needs to go back to get done again, guy said he had not noticed it when he and the body shop manager checked it over, should have gone to spec...rs, as I certainly noticed it, turning into a bit of a drama this.

I wonder if these are replacement sills or just oversills!

They are new sills, as previous post I had cut the corners on the old ones to make sure they had changed them, and put a dab of paint on them.

The sills are plastic panels which screw onto the body work, new screws were also fitted, would hate to think what it would have been like if they were metal like some cars, with welding etc. Nightmare:!:

The sills referred to are actually part of a body kit and have no effect on the structural integrity of the car. Essentially they are boy racer bolt on bits for want of a better description. Tis a common problem in dealerships as they deform very easily if the car is not lifted correctly.