Beware of Vodafone on a Boat!! ** RESOLVED **

Hammy1962
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Weekend in Amsterdam, very nice time.

A couple of day's later get a text message from Vodafone with a note about unusual account activity.

Between 07:10 and 07:21 there is data usage and a charge from Vodafone of £600 :-x

£600 for 11mins OMG

I contacted Vodafone who were, and still are, unhelpful.

Conflicting advice. First guy, Gareth Gomez, in Cape town said he would refund but couldn't find a manager and would ring me back in 30-60 minutes. Guess what??

Second lady, Jo Fernandez promised she would get Gareth to ring back when he came in today and before 11.00am, guess what??

Third Lady Emma was just plain unhelpful.

Forth lady, Carter in Johannesburg, promised a call back from a Manger today, so far, guess what??

In the meantime I've contacted the Vodafone Rep on here Lee, filled in his contact form with the Forum Code and asked for a call back.................... Guess what??

WRT135 - CAG [#8064581]

Maybe the Vodafone people can't make outgoing calls, now that would be funny!

So, I'm expecting a massive row with Vodafone which will get all nasty and very public.

I've not had a really juicy consumer fight for ages, watch this space.

Hammy

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

If you have contacted Lee using the web form on CAG, have you received a reference number ? Lee can only move things forward if the reference number is placed on your thread as advised below

We here at CAG have a very successful Vodafone Rep operating here

W advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

To get this looked into further could we please you ask you to email HERE with the details quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number.

To ensure that it reaches Lee could you update the thread with this and He'll get back to them as soon as he can?

CAG.

DX SITETEAM

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes, thanks, it is now in the text of the main message.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

It was a Ferry, Zeebrugge - Hull. No cell phone signal, no data connection, phone in pocket.

Vodafone blame P&O...............P&O blame Vodafone.

Either way £600 is ridiculous, I even have the Euro Traveller add-on which looks like it was no use at all.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

FAO Lee

WRT135 - CAGlink31.gif [#8064581]

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

An update, because I'm the first to complain when people don't.

I can't seem to find a link to edit my original post. Suffice to say that my issues are resolved.

Thanks Lee@Vodafone.

P&O, if you are watching, stand by for a post all of your own!!!!

Mods, instead of modifying my posts without telling me, now, at my request, can you please edit the title of this to include 'Resolved'.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

An update, because I'm the first to complain when people don't.

I can't seem to find a link to edit my original post. Suffice to say that my issues are resolved.

Thanks Lee@Vodafone.

P&O, if you are watching, stand by for a post all of your own!!!!

Mods, instead of modifying my posts without telling me, now, at my request, can you please edit the title of this to include 'Resolved'.

H

You can only edit a post up to 24 hours after it has been made.

As far as I can see, no post of yours has been modified in anyway ?

Your thread title has been amended to show resolution.

BCOBS

• 3 weeks later...

So folks we can now conclude this story. Top marks to Vodafone. 0 out of 10 for P&O Ferries.

It turns out that P&O have done a very lucrative deal with Cellular@Sea who are based in the US. As your ferry pulls out of the Dock they switch on the Cellular@Sea transponder and fish for any mobile phones on-board.

Now, I have travelled extensively around Europe and beyond on North and Irish Sea Ferries with P&O. I even went on a full cruise with them. I have never 'turned off' data roaming on any mobile phones I have as I have always used a European or Worldwide data roaming plan.

This time though, P&O and their chums at Cellular@Sea somehow decided I had used £600 of data in just a few minutes whilst I slept. As far as I was concerned the phone was out of range. A second, business phone, next to it, on the same Vodafone Network was unaffected.

P&O were unhelpful, suggesting they had signs to warn of this but I didn't see any and I can't find anyone who has. A bit like the minuscule signs rogue clamper's use. A blanket suggestion of turning off data roaming would have helped but has not been necessary for the last 22 years!

Be warned.

So, P&O and their corporate cohorts at Cellular@Sea must be laughing all the way to their respective banks.

Other ferry companies are available, DFDS do a very nice route from Newcastle, almost directly to Amsterdam. Irish Sea Ferries go to Dublin and Royal Caribbean are said to be as nice, if not nicer, than P&O, who are notoriously expensive.

I was caught this time, there won't be a next time, either with P&O or Cellular@Sea.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG