Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I bought an LCD Samsung tv from Littlewoods online about 4 years ago (model no. LE32C450E1WXXU).



The model is only 4 years old



however the mainboard has gone on it (repair will cost £150 parts + labour).



I've rang samsung and they've said there's nothing they can do because the tv is past its one year warrenty.



now I'm thinking about ringing Littlewoods to see if they can cover the costs for repairs, or part of it.



I'm wondering whether this situation falls under "The Sale Of Goods Act" but I'm a little unsure.


My question is does this situation fall under "The Sale Of Goods Act"

and if so am I entitled to any help with the cost of repairing the tv?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Matt222


Welcome to CAG


Yes it is covered under the Sales of Goods Act 1979.


Get a reputable engineers report on the fault. It will cost between £40 - £60 (refundable by Littlewoods). Send that to Littlewoods with the following amended template. Send it Recorded Delivery. Keep a copy of the report.






Ring Littlewoods to clarify that is acceptable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let us know what they say.


Thank you for answering my question. Very informative and I will do exactly as you've said. Fingers crossed!
Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...