DFS harassment help

Clarkeyuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

We went dfs

found a nice sofa and

the man working there said yes intrest free credit ect

told him we carnt afford one outright

he said get finance

he said would take details and get back

needed to sign here for finance check and that was that,

next day he rang said cannot get credit so have to buy it on full

said only reason we went there was to get credit so we will leave it

then he reckons because we signed for it that it is being made and we have a contract so need to pay

I told Him no haven't got it and

he said they will mark Our credit file and take legal

advised as the sofa is being made and we must buy it end of???

Where do I stand here as I haven't paid anything and

sure I can change my mind and pull out I haven't got £1300 lol

any ideas please or shall I just ignore him?

It's the Nottingham dfs store

Yes that's what I am thinking but he is saying I've signed for the finance check which is a binding contract but I explained only wanted it on finance haven't got the money to pay it, so if I just ignore them and forget there is nothing they can do really is there as I am

Not having a product off them right ?

Hi Clarkeyuk

So they are saying if you don't buy it, they will trash your credit file and take legal action. I'm not sure when blackmailing consumers was part of sales training.

The Interest Free Credit Agreement had to be processed, i.e. checks carried out, before the sale went through and the order placed.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened , how they have let you down and what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Mr Ian Filby

Chief Executive

DFS

[email protected]

Hi ClarkeyUK, I am very sorry to hear about the issues that you have been experiencing with regards to your recent store visit. I would certainly like to assist in this matter if you could possibly give us a call at head office on 01302 330365. Many thanks Lauren Head Office Customer Service Tel: 01302 330365

They shouldnt need to phone. You should know its better to keep everything in writing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I appreciate Corporate posters trying to make a difference here but experience shows that talking over the phone is what gets many people into problems in the first place.

I would suggest a variation of this strategy.

Maybe Corporate posters shoudl set up a specific email address where after idenfication steps have been carried out the issue can then be discussed via email leaving a paper trail. Win win all round

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I appreciate Corporate posters trying to make a difference here but experience shows that talking over the phone is what gets many people into problems in the first place.

I would suggest a variation of this strategy.

Maybe Corporate posters shoudl set up a specific email address where after idenfication steps have been carried out the issue can then be discussed via email leaving a paper trail. Win win all round

I believe the Vodafone reps have something very close to this on CAG.

What we must always remember is that these companies really have no interest in their customers, only the balance sheet.

As has been seen time and time again, these outfits will say anything on the phone and hence the recommendation that phone contact is useless unless the calls can be recorded.

The ides of the Social Media Reps in the online community is really just an attempt to get bad publicity off the web.....

Unless of course the DFS Rep wishes to prove otherwise?

I noticed Vodeaphone use something like that

What I would like to see is the social media reps take things one step better. And SHOW how they resolve peoples problems so that they can get an oppertunity to turn the incident around.

Just having it disappear from the net means the last words seen from the OP are the complaint. Im sure it is in their interests to see the OPs complaint actioned and a positive outcome being posted on the thread. It would help re establish trust in the brand.

Anyhow im diverging too much and going off topic from the thread ::p

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

They do the credit check there and then and then ask you sign the agreement not before.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread