D&J Henry. [problem] Artists? (electrical repairs). ***Resolved***

SOD'EM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, long time no speak, but nice to be back :)

Here is my rant about this company: http://www.djhenry.co.uk/

I have been trying to get the direct email for the CEO, so if anyone can help, that would be great.

Here is basically the treatment I have recieved from them.

April 2014, I bought a top range laptop (over £1400). This was manufactured by MSI, and came with a 15 month warranty.

Unfortunately, my little boy decided that my laptop may like some of his curry that he was eating for dinner. Ir turned out that it didn't like curry so decided to keep restarting with a a Driver Power State Failure. I was not covered for accidents but I still contacted MSI because I didn't want to use an unauthorised dealer and ruin the warranty. They in turn got http://www.djhenry.co.uk/ to contact me to arrange a pick up and repair.

After they had it for a couple of days, they got back to me with a quote for repair:-

New keyboard (necessary) £123 + Vat.

Mainboard (signs of liquid damage, but still working) £460(ish) + Vat

Handling & Shipping £62.00

I decided to just pay for the new keyboard and shipping and handling, as that made the laptop fully functional.

After a couple of weeks using the laptop, the same fault occured, so I went through the same process again. I had resigned myself to the fact I would now need a new mainboard. The price scared me but there was no other option. Again, MSI contracted http://www.djhenry.co.uk/ to arrange pick up and repair.

I have now recieved a quote from them for the repair:-

New Keyboard (necessary) £77.42 + Vat.

Mainboard (Necessary) £404.65 + Vat.

Labour & Handling £58.33 + Vat.

If I don't want any repairs taken out, then it will be £50 inc Vat for shipping & handling.

Concerned (as anyone would be), I gave them a call. After speaking to an advisor, he confirmed that there was liquid damage, and they were the necessary repairs needed. I explained that I had recently had the keyboard replaced. He hesitated for a bit before realising that I had already paid for a new keyboard (still within their own 3 month warranty deadline). He then put me on hold for about 20 minutes while he spoke to someone else. After getting back to me, he smugly told me that I would have to pay AGAIN for a new keyboard. I took this as an insult as he was basically saying that I had been stupid enough to let more liquid get into the laptop by spilling something on it again.

This tells me that when they repaired it last time, and replaced the keyboard, they never even bothered to clean the inside of it. Otherwise, there would be nothing wrong with the new keyboard, and the main board would be the only thing needing replacing. I can't believe that MSI would use a company like this who don't even clean electrical items they recieve to be repaired. I am drafting a nice email for MSI regarding this matter, but that doesn't get my laptop back for me. I have told them I will be taking the matter to small claims, but will do that after I get some feedback form here and other avenues. I know consumer law, and I know these are wrong. They could have taken the £400+ for the new mainboard, and I would have left it at that. But they decided to go all in for the kill (rip off), and charge me twice for something.

The mistake I made was not taking the name of the operator I spoke to who rudely put the phone down on me for saying one expletive word. The word wasn't even directed at him. I basically said 'I am not paying for another F*****g keyboard (oops). Not a hang up offence in my books. He just used that as an easy excuse to end the argument he was clearly losing. I also questioned how the prices differ so much from the first quote for repairs a couple of months before to now. All for the same items.

I have an idea of what my next move will be, but would appreciate some feedback form you lot. I will be sending http://www.djhenry.co.uk/ the link to this thread, so if anyone needs to tell me something they don't need to know, then just PM me.

Thanks in advance guys.

SOD'EM

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I don't understand what exactly you would sue them for? they have done nothing to your computer except, change the keyboard; I expect they did not even touch the main board! so if it had damage and you told them not to change it they would have just left it alone. ( I would ). Now if you had asked them to clean it up and make sure all the water or whatever was cleaned out and working ok, you might have a point.

They say they need to change the keyboard again as part of the overall repair, which as you say you don't want to pay for, so it is up to you.

get your computer back and go somewhere else?

I don't think you have a case but good luck if you want to go that route.

Putting a new keyboard into a laptop that was still full of liquid is NOT the thing to do. They explained that it passed all MSI tests, and was good to go. If they had have replaced the main board, would they too have put that in leaving all the liquid inside. I don't think so. I can't go elsewhere, as that would void my warranty. As I said. They said it was clean when it came back to me, and I have since managed to spill something else on it. That, I have not done.

Hi SOD'EM

How did you pay for the laptop originally?

How did you pay for the repair?

They should have cleaned up the liquid as that has now damaged the new keyboard. They charged £123 + V.A.T. now they want £77 + V.A.T., costs of keyboard is an issue. Also handling & delivery is less.

The main board was stated as £460 compaired to £404 now.

New keyboard (necessary) £123 + Vat.

Mainboard (signs of liquid damage, but still working) £460(ish) + Vat

Handling & Shipping £62.00

The Goods & Services Act 1982 applies.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/supply-of-goods-and-services-act-1982

This guy is the MD:-

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dave-henry/3a/a3/32a

Also contact the CEO of MSI explaing your experience and ask the question, why are they refering customers to D & J Henry Ltd.

Thanks for your reply rebel11.

I paid for the laptop through Paypal, and I paid for the original repair using my debit card. I don't own a credit card:doh:

The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 means that consumers who enter into a contract for goods and services can expect these to be supplied with reasonable care and skill.

Putting a new keyboard into a laptop still with liquid in it, is not in my book reasonable care and skill.

Says it all really.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYmdT0FPZLYQKUoufzPUu9lygddopkRh-l0YpdBKgs5Qx3y80cSg 236 × 179 - pinterest.com

Case dismissed lol.

It's a long shot but speak to your Card Providing ask to carry out a Chargeback on the original repair, explain what's happened, there is a template that you can send as a follow up, send it Recorded Delivery:-

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/scotland/consumer_s/consumer_different_ways_of_buying_e/consumer_buying_goods_and_services_on_credit_or_by_debit_card_e/consumer_extra_protection_when_you_buy_on_credit_or_debit_card_e/extra_protection_when_you_buy_with_a_debit_card.htm

Communicate with all parties via email / letters so you have a paper trail.

Thanks for your reply rebel11.

I paid for the laptop through Paypal, and I paid for the original repair using my debit card. I don't own a credit card:doh:

They have not repaired my laptop with reasonable care or skill. This has caused the brand new keyboard to be damaged again. I have told them that I am willing to pay for a new mainboard, but not another keyboard. It is less than three months old since they replaced it, so is still in their own warranty period. I have not spilled anything on it since the repair, and they can try and prove otherwise. They told me that the mainboard may fail in the future, and I accepted that. If they had told me that they were leaving the liquid in the laptop, and just putting a keyboard on, I would not have authorised the repair. They haven't got a leg to stand on regarding a second replacement keyboard. That, I do know.

Finally got the reply I was expecting.

Good afternoon,

I can only apologise that you are not happy with the service you have received, I understand how frustrating this must be for you.

I have spoken to an engineer who has advised that the keyboard had some minor staining underneath but still works correctly. This has now been cleaned off. You should not have been quoted for a second keyboard; a member of staff in training raised the quotation incorrectly.

As goodwill, we are willing to remove the shipping, handling and labour costs from your quotation meaning the cost to replace the motherboard would now be £485.58 (inc VAT) instead of £555.58 (inc VAT).

I am unsure where the confusion has arisen regarding the two quotes - please see attached the two quotations that were sent to you. Both quotations show exactly the same amounts for parts, labour and return unrepaired fees.

Additionally, I am sorry that you feel your expletive was not a good enough reason for the advisor to end the call, but our advisors are all told that they do not have to tolerate abusive or threatening language, and if experienced they have every right to terminate the phone call.

Once again, I can only apologise for the frustration and incovenience this has caused you, but I hope you will accept our offer of goodwill.

Kind Regards,

Rosie Jones

Customer Services Manager

RESULT!